Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

penalty? Free kick? Nothing?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
To be fair I would have given a penalty if the other team were attacking though.
As an aside the opposing manager was happy with the decision.
Being under 8's we are non competitive anyway.
Just intrigued me as neither of us really knew what the official decision should be.
The drop ball answer seems very unfair on the attacking team. Surely a drop ball is no punishment.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He wasn't even a man either, but under 8.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Here is a question for the brains of nsc. Happened in a youngsters match when I was ref. I gave a penalty but I'm not sure what the right decision should be.......
A long through ball is played and it rolls through the 18 yard box and is going out for a goal kick. The young striker sprints and keeps it in but his momentum carries him off the pitch. The defenders momentum also carries him off the pitch.
So now we have the ball in the penalty box and striker and defender off the pitch. The defender grabs the striker giving the goalkeeper time to grab the ball.
So a foul but off of the pitch.
What decision should be given?

You were wrong to award a penalty as you can only give free kicks or penalties for offences on the field of play.

The law states:

If the referee stops play due to an offence committed outside the field of play (when the ball is in play), play must be restarted with a dropped ball from the position of the ball when play was stopped, unless play was stopped inside the goal area, in which case the referee drops the ball on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the ball was located when play was stopped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here