Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Protestors" at Alder Hey

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sorry - but as a reasonably rational person it bemuses and annoys me that
this rabble feel they know better than some of the best medical practitioners on the
planet. I understand the parents' view - but rent-a-mob? Nah.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
One mother whose child is in the hospital was pleading with the family not to set off the fire alarms because her child was due to have its operation today.

It must be anguish for Alfie's parents but abusing doctors, and medical staff are not doing them any good.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The folk outside Alder Hey are, by and large, twats.

Alfie's parents are clearly distressed and deluded. Even the doctors in Italy and Germany, who have assessed him, agree he is irreversibly brain damaged. He will never see, hear or speak and will spend his life in hospital.

The only difference is that, in Germany, after the business with Euthenasia in the 1930s and 40s under a certain government, the rules were changed to PREVENT the state from ignoring parental wishes. And Italy? It's a catholic state...say no more.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The folk outside Alder Hey are, by and large, twats.

Alfie's parents are clearly distressed and deluded. Even the doctors in Italy and Germany, who have assessed him, agree he is irreversibly brain damaged. He will never see, hear or speak and will spend his life in hospital.

The only difference is that, in Germany, after the business with Euthenasia in the 1930s and 40s under a certain government, the rules were changed to PREVENT the state from ignoring parental wishes. And Italy? It's a catholic state...say no more.

Italy are only offering palliative care which he can get in a local hospice. There is no further treatment.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Italy are only offering palliative care which he can get in a local hospice. There is no further treatment.
Like I say. Their Catholics. They'll keep you alive whether or not you want to be.

Why can't the poor sod just stay in Liverpool, with his mum and dad, and just slip off?

"Theres a fully equipped air ambulance from Italy just waiting" to do what? Fly the poor kid across Europe to be fed through his nose forever.

There's something wrong with our species.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-43900571

Don't know this story. What is the reason that they don't want to send him to Rome? Come to think of it why do the parents want him sent to Rome?

The parents want to fly him to Italy so he can lie, emaciated, in a sterile hospital bed, surrounded by strangers, until he dies.

Our courts think that's not a good idea.

There you have it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
protestors are pretty disgraceful bunch and need to have a look at themselves why or what they think they'll achieve. they will not change the minds of the doctors or the courts, just add distress to many people, most with nothing to do with the poor lad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
protestors are pretty disgraceful bunch and need to have a look at themselves why or what they think they'll achieve. they will not change the minds of the doctors or the courts, just add distress to many people, most with nothing to do with the poor lad.

Agreed but I can understand why the parents have lost a sense of reality; the emotion of trying to do what you think is best for your child is overwhelming. The mob outside the hospital can't be forgiven though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
apparently they have two legal teams and one is an American christian group. seems someone is getting the head of the mother and father.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Parents should be sent down for child abuse

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One nurse was on tv saying she had been called a murderer by one of these twats.

She was a theatre nurse...nothing to do with this poor little lad

What do they think they would do by breaking into a hospital?

Our society is full of morons

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
apparently they have two legal teams and one is an American christian group. seems someone is getting the head of the mother and father.

They are paying the legal costs seemly

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry - but as a reasonably rational person it bemuses and annoys me that
this rabble feel they know better than some of the best medical practitioners on the
planet. I understand the parents' view - but rent-a-mob? Nah.

Yep, totally agree.

I totally understand the parents pain. My heart goes out to them.

But this fecking bunch of wankers can do one. I equally feel for the hospital who are being condemned by establishment twunts from the world over who's faux, self serving, altruism is so erosive.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well it is though isn't it? Why would you willingly put a child through pain when experts are telling you there's no hope

Perhaps because they are desperate and have lost touch with reality in their desire to 'save' him. This instance is not child abuse.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Well it is though isn't it? Why would you willingly put a child through pain when experts are telling you there's no hope

Because you are overcome with sorrow and grief whilst clinging to the hope, whether real or not, that a miracle can happen.

That's not abuse- that is undying love which has clouded the reality of the situation. They cannot think clearly. That is why they are pursing every avenue.

Please, take time to think about this before you offer further response.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here