Dunk for williamson

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They are talking about Jonás Gutiérrez who is a free agent after being released by Newcastle at the end of last season.

OK. He was on £40K a week as well. I don't rate any of the Newcastle players TBH, except Williamson.

We have already got our marquee signing!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Could CH go after Jonas Guitierrez I know its been mentioned previously.

By this super sleuth no less.

[TWEET]616286411155763200[/TWEET]

Who had an issue with his twitter profile....

[TWEET]616337970375864320[/TWEET]

....and had to change it. To this other journalist not called Peter Allen but called Gary Hudson from Staffs University

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/schools/art_and_design/journalism/team.htm

...and has since stopped tweeting all together.

Weirdly, you're the only other person to mention it :whistle:.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Newcastle have got more than enough central defenders. They might not be any good but I don't think it is their priority ???

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Newcastle have got more than enough central defenders. They might not be any good but I don't think it is their priority ???

I know they've got a lot of old and injury prone central defenders. I would imagine they've watched him, and their manager was understood to be keen when he was at Derby. To a prem side, a 5M punt isn't that much of a gamble. If he doesnt make it at prem level they could sell him for 4m to a championship side.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That will not be true until next season, unfortunately. http://www.tsmplug.com/football/newcastle-united-players-salaries-2014/

The wage disparity is just too much. A real pity as we have been crying out for some speed in defence. To my mind it is the rest of the Newcastle team that make him look bad at times. As I said before, he looks the ideal player. He has the build and style of Lawrenson.

I would prefer us to keep Dunk because he is younger, looking good now, and if by any chance we got promoted, we would need both. Dunk needs a good season before he could command Newcastle wages. I think Newcastle are trying to shift their high earners and I would not touch any of them bar Williamson. Good job we didn't sign Sammy Ameobi.

Does your arse ever get jealous about the amount of shit coming out of your mouth/fingers?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lewis Dunk is on his way to Newcastle in return for Mike Williamson, plus £4m. Astute piece of business as the latter is a more than an adequate replacement centre back. Hughton knows him well and rates him highly for Championship level. In addition there will be plenty of new money to fund both a top class striker and a winger, with maybe some change left for a midfield maestro.

Still confident OP?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here