Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Very little work will be done tomorrow again. I did Bolanos-all on Friday.

Same here - I was trying to get some photos taken of a non-shutting door to send to our chippy. Trouble was, I spent most of the afternoon refreshing my laptop. Possibly explains why I didn't finish work until 6.30.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Euros - the report said we would double his salary if we get promoted. I'm just struggling to think of the Albion paying a player £28,000 per week. Still, if that's the going rate.

Wasn't CMS on a reported 25K a week?

And he was ****ing pony.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Non of this suggests he is eager to fulfil a lifetime ambition to play in the English Championship.

The power of money in the Premier League, and the money people are willing to gamble to get to the promised land. I don't imagine he'd ever heard of Brighton. In sane times, it is ridiculous to think a player from a club like Boca Juniors would be signed by a second tier English football club. Of course he'd rather play Serie A for Inter, or even Bologna.

Fact is, in the end, players will follow the money, as most of us would in our day job. I very much doubt it was Cabaye's dream to play for Crystal Palace, or Rondon's fantasy to sign for WBA, or that Bojan had all his life wanted to move from Barcelona to Stoke. If we are the only club putting in a serious offer, that his club accepts, if he's offered double his wage, it wouldn't surprise me if he came. So what that Brighton isn't his first choice ? If he comes my only hope is that he knuckles down, plays to the best of his ability, which will mean he fires the goals to get us promoted

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Looking at all the info I still think Boca want/need to sell. Calleri/his dad still hope an italian club will make an offer. They would be happy to stay at Boca till june but are mulling over our offer. Does that cover where we are now?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
And still this won't go away. If true we have offered what has been suggested, it would indicate to me that we have not been given the definite no thanks. Seems he doesn't want to come here and is holding out for Italy..... but why would we keep trying, and what fee do Boca want. If he stays at Boca for last 6 months of his contract, will they still get a fee because of his age?
I walked away from this thread, but now watching actively again. As mentioned earlier i'm now convinced that even if no we will still spend big in this window.300 pages hortly beckons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here