Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trophy Presentation at City

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Bit disappointed to learn they've switched the trophy presentation from the last home game of the season (us) to Huddersfield. Never seen a trophy presentation before and despite it being City it would memorable to see the trophy presented etc. Apparently its to do with TV rights as per usual.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
That would hold zero interest for me. Why on earth would you be interested in seeing another team receiving the PL trophy? I can't even imagine it is THAT interesting, even if the team you support has won it!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I get what you mean.

I was hungry last night and wanted a slap up steak meal. Couldn't afford it so I attempted to find a restaurant to look in and watch someone else pay for and eat the steak. Guess what the steak was not eaten there but at another restaurant down the road.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I was kind of hoping to see the presentation too. City have been a class above this season and fully deserve it.

One can only hope that this news means they will be well and truly on the beach by the time we play them.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Bit disappointed to learn they've switched the trophy presentation from the last home game of the season (us) to Huddersfield. Never seen a trophy presentation before and despite it being City it would memorable to see the trophy presented etc. Apparently its to do with TV rights as per usual.

That confirms our City match won't be on TV, I guess? No surprise, but Sky were keeping the option open.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
That would hold zero interest for me. Why on earth would you be interested in seeing another team receiving the PL trophy? I can't even imagine it is THAT interesting, even if the team you support has won it!

Completely hear what you're saying.. and naturally I would want to see Albion lift the Premier League but in reality when and how often will opportunities arise to see moments like this in the Premier League? Its just a moment to say 'i've seen it happen and why not us one day' sorta thing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why waste pub time hanging around to watch someone elses team pick up a gong ? We're likely to have just got slapped as well. Nope, I'd be outta there pronto.

Incidentally, that must've been one of the most anticlimatic title wins ever. United lose at home to WBA, and all you see is a handful of bedraggled City fans milling around outside the Etihad in the rain trying to look happy, but not REALLY knowing what to do with themselves. Winning something when you're not even playing really sucks the big one. A bit like when we went up from L1 the day after winning at Peterborough (I think), when Reading failed to win at Tranmere the next day. You're chuffed of course, but it just feels...odd when a result elsewhere, on a non match day, seals the deal.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Think this is great news.

There is absolutely no way they will want to draw or (as if!) lose on that day!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

gettyimages-113288947.jpg]

??

dscn2534.jpg

??

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That was the second time the League One trophy was presented at Withdean, too.

Indeed. I couldn't find a photo of the 1st.

What [MENTION=27134]northernseagull[/MENTION] seems to be saying is 'I've never seen another club presented with a trophy before'. Sadly I was there in 1983, so I've seen that also.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Makes sense for it to be given at the Huddersfield game which kicks off at 13:30 on a Sunday, more people will hang around to watch a trophy presentation at just after half 3 than would do getting on for 10pm on a school night. Sky won't want the biggest prize in club football to be awarded in front of a half empty stadium.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why waste pub time hanging around to watch someone elses team pick up a gong ? We're likely to have just got slapped as well. Nope, I'd be outta there pronto.

Incidentally, that must've been one of the most anticlimatic title wins ever. United lose at home to WBA, and all you see is a handful of bedraggled City fans milling around outside the Etihad in the rain trying to look happy, but not REALLY knowing what to do with themselves. Winning something when you're not even playing really sucks the big one. A bit like when we went up from L1 the day after winning at Peterborough (I think), when Reading failed to win at Tranmere the next day. You're chuffed of course, but it just feels...odd when a result elsewhere, on a non match day, seals the deal.

I went to the Tranmere v Reading match so did get to celebrate. The Reading fans were a bit put out with my “We are going up” Albion flag though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That was the second time the League One trophy was presented at Withdean, too.

Indeed. I couldn't find a photo of the 1st.

What [MENTION=27134]northernseagull[/MENTION] seems to be saying is 'I've never seen another club presented with a trophy before'. Sadly I was there in 1983, so I've seen that also.

This was the first time the League One trophy was presented at Withdean.

View attachment 96168

The first time we won that level at Withdean it was still Division 2.

:thumbsup:

At least someone knew what I meant!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here