Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] When did you pass your driving test?

When did you pass your (pratical) driving test?

• Not passed

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • 1st Time

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • 2nd Time

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • 3rd Time

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • 4th Time

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 5th Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6th Time

• 7th Time +

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Car
1st time
Sept 82

Motorbike
1st time
June 83

Both in Aldershot and I didn't sleep with either examiner.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
1st time Feb 82

I was 18

Would have passed as a 17 year old,but had a 6 month ban from my moped days

D

Deleted member 2719

Car: 2003, aged 18. Passed on my NINTH attempt. Can anyone on here beat that?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

What happened??? emergency stop, putting examiner through the screen, smoking while driving, slept with the examiners daughter?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
2nd time because I was stitched up on the first time. Was at traffic lights by Eastbourne fire station. Lights changed and I heard a siren. Checked my mirrors and saw nothing so pulled away. Straight after, examiner checked the mirror and saw the blue light coming out of the station. Slammed on dual controls - failure to stop for emergency vehicle. Game over, I swear to this day that it wasn't there as I pulled out and he shouldn't have slammed on the brakes as it was still a way away when he saw it.

Actually quite useful as the instructor said he had nothing more to teach me for test so taught me to corner at speed. Strange guy though - kept regaling me with stories of leaning over female pupils.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
I passed first time in 1966 in Crawley. There was only one set of traffic lights in the town at that time and the hill start was a very gentle slope plus the three point turn was in a road where I could have just done a tight turn in the mini to turn around.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Passed first time, after six lessons - in 1975

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'll let you know later in the year. Started learning to drive for the first time ever at the ripe old age of 52 in August last year. Passed my theory first time in October, and early December my instructor told me to book my test. Completely and utterly out of the blue, I then had an (as yet) undiagnosed fit/seizure at work, and have subsequently been banned from driving for 6 months, before I've even taken my test :down:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Passed first time, after six lessons - in 1975

Blimey, after 60 lessons I asked my instructor how many more I needed to be ready for my test. He said three months of daily lessons should do it. I worked that as a little under two grand and thought learning to drive was a rather expensive process. I've stayed out of the driving seat ever since

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Most people I know passed first time. Which gives me great comfort! Although, surely you wouldn't be taking your test if your instructor didn't think you could/would pass.. It's not like you have 10 lessons then go "ah let's have a crack at the test now see how we're doing"

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
On Easter Tuesday morning (today) 31 years ago. 1st April 1986 - April Fools Day (I'm still waiting for them to say it was just a joke).

Passed first time, despite going the wrong side of some cones at roadworks. They were either impressed by my patience in the huge traffic jam on Blatchington Road, or, as my mates remain convinced, they had a weekly quota - and being a short week they were making sure they met it!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Most people I know passed first time. Which gives me great comfort! Although, surely you wouldn't be taking your test if your instructor didn't think you could/would pass.. It's not like you have 10 lessons then go "ah let's have a crack at the test now see how we're doing"

Truth.. I had three lessons. Passed 1st time when 17. Had been driving cars on private property mind from aged 12 and well, that was that. However I agree a lot of people struggle with co-ordination and spacial awareness but as the poll suggests most pass 1st time..

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Bike ( On a Scooter) 1962
Car 1963

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here