Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City (home) ratings

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
From WSU

6 as average/satisfactory

Ryan 7 Good handling and distribution no chance with goals.
Schellotto 6 Defended ok , one real nice cross no one got onto.
Duffy 6.5 Solid
Dunk 6.5 Solid but last goal ....?
Bong 6.5 Good defending but missed goal and allowed the header for their first goal. His crossing is woeful. Was my MOTM until I saw replay of their goal and his miss.
Locadia 6.5 ok but did not get in the box quick enough in this game
Propper 6 Flatters to deceive , does a lot of nothing. No telling ball and does not get forward enough. Would prefer Kayal and Stephens....
Kayal 7 Had a good challenging game not sure why he was taken off.
Izquierdo 6.5 Does some lovely stuff and defends well. too greedy with the chance but we have seen what he can do. Not enough forward runs for me.
Gross 6.5 not as incisive as he has been. Decent shot but not enough
Murray 6 ok game leads line well but not one of his better games . poor penalty.

Normally I like to see subs come on but not sure if they were needed this time. Only reason why I can see Kayal went off was because he was booked...

March did a lovely run .

Not sure what Baldocks contribution was other than NOT to be in the correct place when Schelotto crossed.

Harsh marking, possibly but we did not win against a team which were beatable.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Would still start Loccadia ahead of March next week. Thought in the first half he looked good. March started the season well but faded and hasn't really grasped opportunities when they have come along.

Agree but don’t really see Locadia as a winger. He looked pretty uncomfortable there and drifted around quite a lot.

Although March looked better today he’s been pretty poor most of this season and don’t think he really rates a starting position on current form.

Think we missed AK today. I know he’s been pretty inconsistent this season but he’s capable of doing the unexpected which was lacking today despite the good overall performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I thought they all played well, not sure I would have given Duffy motm, but not sure who I would have. I think for all the good play, they all could be argued against as well Locadia showed some wonderful touches, and some great interchanges with several teammates, but didn't show anything in front of goal, Izquierdo was a massive threat, but mostly only in the second half, etc.

I saw Hughton doesn't think we dropped after the penalty save. I disagree, at least for those first 5-10 minutes after the penalty Murray in particular seemed to lose focus and passes were going astray, runs not being made/read etc. It was that period that cost us.

I can only think of two real clear cut chances that we 'wasted'. Schmeichel made a couple of great saves from our best real chances (Gross, Murray and March). Murray in the first half (which I thought was probably intended more for Locadia(?) behind him), and that moment when Izquierdo should have passed, but if Murray misses (and he already had missed a great chance, and then went on to take a poor penalty, so we can't guarantee we would have scored if Jose did pass) we ask why Jose didn't just shoot.

Pretty much as I saw it but would have given MOTM to Gross today. Thought he was at the heart of pretty much all our good play....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bong had an absolute blinder (aside from the open goal of course).

Plus his crossing was poor today, and he lost Iborra for the first goal. Apart from that though.

He didn't have a bad game overall, but sadly the mistakes he did make were highlighted and we paid for them.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Bong

I agree - he was man of the match apart from woeful defending for their winning goal and missing from two yards out to give us at least a point. Apart from that, MOTM.

Locadia was good again first half but did nothing in the second.

I thought after the last game Jose would have had it drummed into him to pass to Murray if Muzza is free in the box rather than take a pointless shot - but apparently not. Would be a decent player if he passed it.

Everybody else apart from Muzza was fine

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bong

I agree - he was man of the match apart from woeful defending for their winning goal and missing from two yards out to give us at least a point. Apart from that, MOTM.

Locadia was good again first half but did nothing in the second.

I thought after the last game Jose would have had it drummed into him to pass to Murray if Muzza is free in the box rather than take a pointless shot - but apparently not. Would be a decent player if he passed it.

Everybody else apart from Muzza was fine

Woeful defending for their first and missing an open goal cannot equate to motm. He is so exposed at this level and all the small/insignificant things he does well does not hide the fact he contributes heavily to our goals conceded. See today and Everton's first. I tend to think he's a bit of a cheerleader.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Interesting, because to me and the commentators on the stream, Locadia looked very lively and was our best player until he was taken off. I would have kept him on and taken Murray off instead.

Exactly what i said at the time. Murray looked tired and Locadia (i thought) looked excellent

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
differences in opinions on these threads is always interesting

matty 6
cornetto 7
dunk 9
duffy 8
(the loss was particularly harsh on these 2 as they gave everything)
bong 5
izzy 7 picked up nockys problem ....needs to pass instead of force a non existent shot.
locardia 7
kayal 7
propper 6.5
gross 6.5
muzz 6

solly 6

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 6
Schelotto 7
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
Bong 5
Pröpper 6
Kayal 4
(Baldock 84min, 4)
Izquierdo 6
Groß 6
Locadia 6
(March 75min, 6)
Murray 5

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan - not a lot to do apart from pick the ball out of the net 7
Schelotto - good enough but not as influential as previous performances 6.5
Dunk and Duffy very consistent and commanding 7
Bong - not a Bong Basher but felt he was slightly ineffective 6
Kayal - Stephens is a tough act to follow but I thought he played really well 7
Propper - such a classy player, I genuinely think next season will see him become world class 7.5
Locardia - signs are there that he will become a very influential player but not yet 6
Murray - just not his day 6
Izquierdo - made a few bad choices today but he is the most exciting player in our team 6
March - really really like Solly thought he added another dimension when he came on, he has had a mixed season and I would like him to add a pinch of Izquierdo’s attitude 6.5

Hughton - maybe needed to make changes 10 minutes earlier 6.5

Ref - always a good sign when they are not the talking point although I thought sending off was harsh 6.5

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 8 - good with his distribution, calm under pressure and claimed well aerially. No chance for either goal.
Schelotto 6 - a decent game defensively, but left even more exposed by Locadia than usual and struggled offensively to find a balance as a result.
Duffy 7 - good defensively in general.
Dunk 7.5 - better with the ball than his partner.
Bong 6 - I actually thought he played very well, but he lost his man for their first, was caught up field for the second, and missed an absolute sitter at 1-0 to get an equaliser. Football games are about the big moments and he was found wanting.
Locadia 5 - interchanged well at times in the first half, but an absolute liability defensively and had a lot of knock on effects on other players and shape that were negative on the whole. Also, has a propensity to back out of headers, for some reason. I’m shocked that Hughton gave him the freedom he did, considering how much he’s kept Knocky on the leash this season. Rightly substituted.
Propper 8 - my MOTM. Absolutely dominated the game in the centre of the park.
Kayal 7.5 - not quite as good as his partner, but very close. The best I’ve seen him play in ages, and he doesn’t look out of place at all.
Izquierdo 7 - always an outlet and works hard defensively. Made a couple of poorer decisions when he could’ve passed (particularly in the second half, although I thought the movement around him was poor and left him with few real options), but on another day we’d have been talking about how his class won us the winning penalty. Undroppable for me at the moment.
Gross 7.5 - what a thankless task he had due to Locadia’s role. Defended phenomenally in covering the right hand side, good delivery throughout, some excellent passing... it’s just a shame Hughton changed his role to then detriment of his output because of he was in less of the promising positions he is usually in to create chances.
Murray 5 - like Bong, I thought he had a good game, but he was found wanting in the big moments. An appalling penalty and lost his head thereafter.

March 7 - very good. Helped create the penalty, a good free kick, a good ball for Bong’s chance (I think it was him but willing to be corrected) and held his position much better down the right. Should start the next game.
Baldock 6 - with Gross moved further back, Baldock’s movement was deglected.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
6 - average

Ryan 6 - nothing to do
Schelotto 7
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bong 8
Locadia 7
Kayal 7
Propper 9 brilliant
Izquierdo 7
Gross 9
Murray 7

March - did okay
Baldock n/a

Bang on for me pretty much. I thought every layer had a good game and we were excellent apart from not taking our chances. Actually thought Murray was brilliant until the pen miss but I guess he’ll be marked down for this and his poor passes after.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bizarre. I thought Bong was Man of the Match. Had Mahrez - one of the best players in the Premier League on his day - in his pocket for much of the game.

A couple of poor crosses and one wayward shot out of over-ambition doesn’t make it a bad game in my book for a left-back.
This... it amazes me that anyone couldn't see that. [emoji106]

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Ryan 8 - good with his distribution, calm under pressure and claimed well aerially. No chance for either goal.
Schelotto 6 - a decent game defensively, but left even more exposed by Locadia than usual and struggled offensively to find a balance as a result.
Duffy 7 - good defensively in general.
Dunk 7.5 - better with the ball than his partner.
Bong 6 - I actually thought he played very well, but he lost his man for their first, was caught up field for the second, and missed an absolute sitter at 1-0 to get an equaliser. Football games are about the big moments and he was found wanting.
Locadia 5 - interchanged well at times in the first half, but an absolute liability defensively and had a lot of knock on effects on other players and shape that were negative on the whole. Also, has a propensity to back out of headers, for some reason. I’m shocked that Hughton gave him the freedom he did, considering how much he’s kept Knocky on the leash this season. Rightly substituted.
Propper 8 - my MOTM. Absolutely dominated the game in the centre of the park.
Kayal 7.5 - not quite as good as his partner, but very close. The best I’ve seen him play in ages, and he doesn’t look out of place at all.
Izquierdo 7 - always an outlet and works hard defensively. Made a couple of poorer decisions when he could’ve passed (particularly in the second half, although I thought the movement around him was poor and left him with few real options), but on another day we’d have been talking about how his class won us the winning penalty. Undroppable for me at the moment.
Gross 7.5 - what a thankless task he had due to Locadia’s role. Defended phenomenally in covering the right hand side, good delivery throughout, some excellent passing... it’s just a shame Hughton changed his role to then detriment of his output because of he was in less of the promising positions he is usually in to create chances.
Murray 5 - like Bong, I thought he had a good game, but he was found wanting in the big moments. An appalling penalty and lost his head thereafter.

March 7 - very good. Helped create the penalty, a good free kick, a good ball for Bong’s chance (I think it was him but willing to be corrected) and held his position much better down the right. Should start the next game.
Baldock 6 - with Gross moved further back, Baldock’s movement was deglected.

Looking at the first goal on TV, Gros lost his man, and Bong dropped back to cover, but got pushed off by the goal scorer

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yep, Bong was class again.

I just can’t see this. He does half the job very well but his final ball, ie forward passing and crossing into the box were appaling. Wayne Bridge is the nearest we’ve had to class but even he was kept out of ththe England team by Cole and we only had him in his final years, and in the Championship.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Agree but don’t really see Locadia as a winger. He looked pretty uncomfortable there and drifted around quite a lot.

Although March looked better today he’s been pretty poor most of this season and don’t think he really rates a starting position on current form.

Think we missed AK today. I know he’s been pretty inconsistent this season but he’s capable of doing the unexpected which was lacking today despite the good overall performance.

Started the season exceptionally well and was dropped for absolutely no legitimate reason other than to give more experienced players a game. His form dipped after, for obvious reasons......

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan - 6 - nothing to do.
Bong - 7 - Really good performance. Should have scored that late chance, marked down for that.
Schelotto - 7 - Another excellent performance
Dunk - 7 - Defensively solid as always.
Duffy - 7 - Some lovely passes throughout the game
Kayal 6 - hard working and combatative- decent without being overly effective
Propper - 7.5 MOTM - He really is class.
Izqueirdo - 7 Dangerous player - Not at his absolute best, but scared the life out of them
Locadia - 7 - Not sure what all the negativity is - he was mustard in the first half, playing out of position. Showed some decent pace and skill too.
Gross - 7 - I think that might be his first ever game without a Cruyff turn - anyone catch a glimpse of one?
Murray - 5 - A day to forget for Glenn - should have had 2 goals and the points sewn up.

March - 7 Should have started in my view - had a great 20 minute cameo. Will be hoping for a start against Huddersfield.
Baldock - 6 - Great to see him on the pitch again, but too late to have any real impact.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here