Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are you one of those whose ST has been revoked until next season for touting Arsenal game?

The problem is that they’re rounding up those doing what we’ve all done - not able to go so pass on to someone who can - and lumping them in with, and calling them, touts.

The person I know who got banned after the Chelsea game sold his tickets for under face value. He’s hardly going to be a tout for long behaving like that!

The club need to stop going after genuine fans who can’t afford to bin a ticket when they find they can’t go and concentrate on those who are trying to make a profit.

We must remember that the games that appear to have been an issue have been moved for television. That screws a lot of people and the club provide no sensible way of getting any money back for them.

Last edited:

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
I had an Arsenal fan sat behind me WSL, spent the game slagging off our players, telling the arsenal players where they were going wrong, and slamming the referee for every decision against them. I turned round a did my old man that I didn't appreciate him so blatantly supporting his team and if he was going to sit in our end to keep his gob shut. He didn't heed the warnings and just carried on. There was no steward nearby to alert to pull him out and the game was so enthralling, I wasn't going to move. When we scored our offside third, I and a number of other fellow Albion fans, turned round and flicked a few V's in his face and told him where to go, luckily that didn't come back to haunt us. By this time he was clearly getting riled like we were because when schelotto was poleaxed he start us in front to sit down! I turned round to his mate at one point (Brighton fan) and told him he had a responsibility if he got him the ticket, to make sure he behaved. He then accused me of not acting appropriately in front of my daughter who was with me. Anyway they left with a couple of minutes left to a load of abuse.

Now here's my dilemma, should I report the seat numbers of both of them to the club?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think it would be sensible for the club to allow an “unofficial” ticket transfer (no money exchange) provided the recipient has a purchase history or is a bronze member etc. This would at least aloow the club some control over who the transferee is.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The problem is that they’re rounding up those doing what we’ve all done - no able to go so pass on to someone who can - and lumping them in with, and calling them, touts.

The person I know who got banned after the Chelsea game sold his tickets for under face value. He’s hardly going to be a tout for long behaving like that!

The club need to stop going after genuine fans who can’t afford to bin a ticket when they find they can’t go and those who are trying to make a profit.

We must remember that the games that appear to have been an issue have been moved for television. That screws a lot of people and the club provide no sensible way of getting any money back for them.

There has been some blatant touting on Facebook. One person from Hastings in particular.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Did the gooners sell out their end seemed around 100 seats empty

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I had that situation last season - a game moved for TV, to when me and my son were out the country. A quick call to the ticket office, and the cost of the tickets was refunded with no fuss. I recall that they even mentioned this option when the game was moved.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We sat in the home end at Old Trafford as my other half was given two free tickets from a rep at work. It was hard for me to keep quiet!!

14 of us sat in the away end at Withdean in April 2002 when we won the League Two v Swindon. I know it was 14 of us because in those pre-ST days, my West Country-based mate had managed to somehow wangle a veritable fistful of tickets for this seriously sold-out game. Can still to this day see 14 tickets spread out like gold-dust on my manky lounge carpet. Seem to recall we'd all memorised the name of Swindon's assistant manager as we appeared to be labouring under the impression that this would mark us out as being genuine Swindon fans. In the end, it wasn't that hard to keep quiet, as it was one on the tamest 0-0 draws in Christendom.

After the final whistle however... :albion:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think it would be sensible for the club to allow an “unofficial” ticket transfer (no money exchange) provided the recipient has a purchase history or is a bronze member etc. This would at least aloow the club some control over who the transferee is.

I am genuinely surprised that the club don't charge a fee to do this on an official basis ( to cover the difference between the pro-rata ST rate and the match day price ).

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
The problem is that they’re rounding up those doing what we’ve all done - no able to go so pass on to someone who can - and lumping them in with, and calling them, touts.

The club need to stop going after genuine fans who can’t afford to bin a ticket when they find they can’t go and those who are trying to make a profit.

Did I read somewhere that PB is aware of the problems ST holders are given by matches being moved all over the place and is trying to come up with a cunning plan?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I had an Arsenal fan sat behind me WSL, spent the game slagging off our players, telling the arsenal players where they were going wrong, and slamming the referee for every decision against them. I turned round a did my old man that I didn't appreciate him so blatantly supporting his team and if he was going to sit in our end to keep his gob shut. He didn't heed the warnings and just carried on. There was no steward nearby to alert to pull him out and the game was so enthralling, I wasn't going to move. When we scored our offside third, I and a number of other fellow Albion fans, turned round and flicked a few V's in his face and told him where to go, luckily that didn't come back to haunt us. By this time he was clearly getting riled like we were because when schelotto was poleaxed he start us in front to sit down! I turned round to his mate at one point (Brighton fan) and told him he had a responsibility if he got him the ticket, to make sure he behaved. He then accused me of not acting appropriately in front of my daughter who was with me. Anyway they left with a couple of minutes left to a load of abuse.

Now here's my dilemma, should I report the seat numbers of both of them to the club?

I think the policy is that if you don't report it to a steward at the time, then there's no point as it's your words against theirs. Same with racism/homophobia.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't understand how these things work. I'm not a STH (but am a Bronze Member). If a mate with a ST tells me he can't make it to a home game and would I like to borrow his ST has he (have I) committed an offence in the eyes of the Club? If no money changes hands it can't be wrong - or can it?

If those particular circumstances are true, in reality would the club be at all interested and how would they find out?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012

I would say just the seat of the goon - probably his mates dad or something though.

If i took someone I'd make sure they behaved appropriately !

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
14 of us sat in the away end at Withdean in April 2002 when we won the League Two v Swindon. I know it was 14 of us because in those pre-ST days, my West Country-based mate had managed to somehow wangle a veritable fistful of tickets for this seriously sold-out game. Can still to this day see 14 tickets spread out like gold-dust on my manky lounge carpet. Seem to recall we'd all memorised the name of Swindon's assistant manager as we appeared to be labouring under the impression that this would mark us out as being genuine Swindon fans. In the end, it wasn't that hard to keep quiet, as it was one on the tamest 0-0 draws in Christendom.

After the final whistle however... :albion:

Yes, proof that we did use to sell out Withdean despite some idiots saying we couldn't even sell 5K tickets. I remember that clearly. Shirts on statues etc

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Q. What's the club's policy on fans passing tickets between each other or through unofficial ticket exchanges?

A. Our terms and conditions are clear: season tickets are not transferable. However, the club is aware that, from time to time, season tickets may be used by other family members or close friends. Responsibility for the use of any season ticket always rests with the season-ticket holder

I can't see the above text in the document in the link. Have the club removed it ?

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There has been some blatant touting on Facebook. One person from Hastings in particular.

I’m sure. But the person I know was NOT touting. He asked for less than face value.

As it happens, it wasn’t the match being moved for TV that caused his issue, but work. Why should he have to bin the tickets rather than find someone to use them?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I can't see the underlined text on the document in the link. Have the club removed it ?

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...porters---and-all-the-answers-from-the-club-/

Seems to have been moved and I just copied that from a post I'd made previously. Googling a block of the text came up with the link above.

Think legally the club can't say they'll turn a blind eye to it but does seem they are (or at least used to be) pragmatic about a little informal sharing. Think once it is advertised and money changes hands the club see that as the line that shouldn't be crossed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m sure. But the person I know was NOT touting. He asked for less than face value.

Curious if he advertised/posted online about it being available? If not how did the club know he hadn't used it himself?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...porters---and-all-the-answers-from-the-club-/

Seems to have been moved and I just copied that from a post I'd made previously. Googling a block of the text came up with the link above.

Think legally the club can't say they'll turn a blind eye to it but does seem they are (or at least used to be) pragmatic about a little informal sharing. Think once it is advertised and money changes hands the club see that as the line that shouldn't be crossed.
Thanks. I'll take a screenshot - never know when it'll come in handy.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel

I have this problem every bloomin' home match. I sit in the East Stand Lower with my son and grandson... we're all in the 1901 club. We are in the middle of hoards of "Goldstone" hospitality 'yellow' badges. Mostly they are supporting the away team and sometimes (especially that the Goldstone deal involves a good few bevvies`) they are not at all respectful of the fact they are in an Albion home stand. The Arsenal lot in front of me were not too bad but that is not usually the case. I'm old, fat, probably wouldn't stand a chance in a dust-up but I so want to 'quieten' the noisy sods who completely disregard for home fans. Is there any body else out there that gets this problem with the hospitality attendees? Does anyone know the rules about this hospitality shambles?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here