Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We've turned into a society of mentalists.

Yesterday afternoon I had a colleague try and cancel a meeting we had in London on Thursday late morning on perceived weather threat. 3 days away!! Did not even want to at least try and get there, or see what happens when we go to leave.

I've been cc'd in to email exchanges all morning about a meeting we have in London on Thursday that no one can make up their mind whether to postpone. If someone doesn't agree something soon it could reach bellcheese proportions.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, that was rather lovely - took a walk up the West side of Findon Valley to where the mobile mast is behind High Salvington. Started off with no snow coming down, then a few little flakes which soon became driving soon on an Easterly wind before it changed again and became lots of large flakes gently floating down. A real Winter Wonderland up there and the snow is wet and great for snowballs and snowmen.

Somewhat surprised to come home and find quite a thaw has happened in the hour or so I've been away.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
28511861_2145284462165342_1665530613_n.jpg28534299_2145284788831976_1357345082_n.jpg
Sun out in BN7 now. Our rabbit has his icing and neighbour's house looking Alpine.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Just getting some more light snow here in Uckfield. Question will be whether or not we get hit by the deepest part of this cell or if it passes north of us. Current track suggests it'll go north and we'll only get the light stuff here. East Grinstead, Crawley, and Horsham look like they're in the firing line for the biggest drops out of this next wave.

Heavier now, looks like it's intensified as it's hit the Crowborough area. The main cell to the north looks like it's breaking down the further west it gets, and as a results it's now going to go north of even the line I originally looked at. Oxted and Reigate will get the best of it this time, and then it looks like it'll fizzle out for a while. Met Office forecast for rest of today is even suggesting it'll clear to provide some late afternoon sun. Then sunny all day tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see if it's strong enough to melt what we have down currently given temps still expected to stay sub-zero all day. Then Thursday looks like more flumpage, continuing into Friday, then Saturday the cold starts to break down and all some warmth to creep back in (4*C by afternoon) leading to a balmy 8*C on Sunday.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Looks like the snow has finally set in in Leatherhead. Not flumping down but looks steady and it's cloudy all around so we may be in for the long haul here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A long walk round Findon and up to Cissbury and round the Ring this morning. Lots of different weather with blizzards most of the time. Had to wait for blue sky for this picture.
b2db0b22fc3cc41f1b1164457fa5de8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
A long walk round Findon and up to Cissbury and round the Ring this morning. Lots of different weather with blizzards most of the time. Had to wait for blue sky for this picture.
b2db0b22fc3cc41f1b1164457fa5de8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic ... looking out over Chanctonbury

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here