Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Best Pub 2015 anyone?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wasn't the pig in paradise just off western rd? I can remember it being called polar central early 2000's

No, definitely the same boozer. That whole Polar thing was pretty weird too. Polar East, West and Central, all three owned by Drink in Brighton. I worked in Polar Central a few times. A mate of mine used to be a manager for DiB, and I would do the odd shift for her every now and again.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
That sounds promising. May give them another go soon.
Not sure how long it will take for the bloke to make a difference but they usually make a big push for 'Octoberfest' so hopefully we could start seeing some good stuff quite soon.

Or they might keep rolling out samey plane ales, we shall see. I do like the fact you can see the stuff being brewed, just a shame there's not more taste.

Worth picking up the Camra Sussex Drinker free magazine for info on that sort of thing.

Back on subject and now the prices of other pubs has caught up, I'd actually back the Basketmakers this time round, the only thing the Battle does better is the garden.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Craft. Two of my mates work there and they are probably the fittest barmaids in Sussex. Sterling sweater meat.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I like the new Brewdog pub thats just opened. Its pricey and the food selection is a bit limited but the beer is really good and the staff friendly and knowledgeable and they'll happily let you try the beers till you find one you like.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I said earlier, I'm nominating The Bevy: good choice of local beer -which often cheaper then Spoons - and a fantastic Sunday roast (even the veggie option is good, and that's very rare). Incredibly friendly too, seem to strike up a conversation with someone every time I'm in there ... and it's not about buying hooky gear, which seemed to be the case in its previous incarnation

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like the new Brewdog pub thats just opened. Its pricey and the food selection is a bit limited but the beer is really good and the staff friendly and knowledgeable and they'll happily let you try the beers till you find one you like.

Have to say the menu I looked at in there the other day had some of the most pretentious overpriced bar snack bolleaux I've seen in any pub menu anywhere ever. And the folks at the next table had tea served in the most ridiculous jam jar type things.

Wouldn't happen just north of Aberdeen.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, let's formalise this. We WILL follow the tried and tested format of nominate and second.

From what I can see we have comfirmed:

Nominated & Seconded

The Battle of Trafalgar [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]

Nominated

The Brighton Beer Dispensery [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION]
The Bevy [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So, let's formalise this. We WILL follow the tried and tested format of nominate and second.

From what I can see we have comfirmed:

Nominated & Seconded

The Battle of Trafalgar [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]

Nominated

The Brighton Beer Dispensery [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION]
The Bevy [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION]

I will second the Brighton Beer Dispensary (even though I have already nominated it earlier in the thread...

Can I also nominate The Albert, The Evening Star and The Craft Beer Co, please.

Oh, and The Mitre. Might struggle for a second on that place but I love it.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I suggest anyone can update the nomination list, as I won't be on here ALL the time.

I guess we need to put a deadline on this as well.

Let's say all nominations close by 8pm Sunday. Gives people a football Saturday to sample a few pubs! :)

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I will second the Brighton Beer Dispensary (even though I have already nominated it earlier in the thread...

I'll second The Mitre - great boozer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I love The Mitre - my second favourite pub in Brighton, I'll happily second that

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll second the Nelson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here