Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Massive inability to gain hight when jumping for crosses. Red hot Mrs though.

Mmm yep your right, red hot ... almost worth signing him to see Abbey at a few matches and relaxing on the seafront :love: Almost ..

abbey-clancy-nu-hoang-6.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Massive inability to gain hight when jumping for crosses. Red hot Mrs though.

Just reminded me of my favourite quote of his. He was asked what he would be if he was not a footballer, he replied " A virgin".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A year ago would have jumped at the chance of getting him down here, but now - and it amazes me to say it - I don't think we could offer him the game-time he'd want.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He's still far too good to drop to the Championship.

Teams in the relegation scrap could do A LOT worse than getting Crouch in. Maybe back to his former club, Aston Villa.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Not for us methinks ! Maybe 'Big Sam' at Blunderland should get him in to recreate the Defoe/Crouch partnership that worked so well for 'Arry at Spurs and Pompey ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He wants to stay in the prem. But I WOULD have him in a heartbeat.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Normally I'd be very excited about the idea of signing Peter Crouch, and I do think he'd do very well for us if we did get him. However, with all the ridiculous amounts of talk and speculation about the South American flairmeisters it'd be hard not to feel underwhelmed if he was the striker we signed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Peter Crouch is 2 weeks younger than BZ amd has scored 183 goals in his 469 games Bobby Zamorea has scored 194 in 390 so not much difference between them.

Not much difference in age, but Bobby has a better goals perr game ratio. I actually had no idea that he had scored that many! Crouch's is still pretty impressive though.

However, for reasons explained in my earlier posts, it's still a no from me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not for us methinks ! Maybe 'Big Sam' at Blunderland should get him in to recreate the Defoe/Crouch partnership that worked so well for 'Arry at Spurs and Pompey ?

That was also getting on for a decade ago! Both players are coming towards the end of their careers. I really don't think they could recreate those exploits in the Premier League now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I suppose he could share games with Zamora, both have a half each, might even prolong both of their careers but I see would rather we signed a younger guy that can make the shirt his own.
So it's a no from me even if he did take a massive wage cut.

I was thinking more like 30 minutes each, as we may as well get Kevin Phillips involved in this as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here