Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Lithuania - Sun 26th March

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Family outing to Wembley for this one. Moshe Jnr's first taste of the national stadium and looking forward to it.

Thoughts on the game? England by 2-0 or 3-0 seem to be the most likely results according to the bookies...

I haven't really watched an England game properly for years. Compared to the days when we had proper many-capped England internationals, like Peter Shilton, Terry Butcher, Bryan Robson and Gary Lineker, the current crop seem a bit anonymous... who are the best/most interesting players to look out for?

Also (real reason for thread :ahem:) - any thoughts on travel? What is going to be most family friendly from Eastbourne? Currently considering using National Express coach having driven to pick up point in Crawley. Is that a rubbish idea or a decent option?

Very grateful for any advice from seasoned Wembley-goers.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I knew we were in an International break but had no idea who we were playing.

My interest in England has slipped to an all-time low but hope you and especially the lad enjoy it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I knew we were in an International break but had no idea who we were playing.

My interest in England has slipped to an all-time low but hope you and especially the lad enjoy it.
Thanks. Like you, my interest in England is close to zero - I don't think I could name 4 players who will start the game (especially now Harry Kane is injured!) - but junior should enjoy it and hopefully will be good day out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shows the state of our national game when a 34 year old Defoe is recalled being one of out best strikers. Are there no fit younger ones as good as him now as his day passed when he was omitted by Roy Hodgson.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Shows the state of our national game when a 34 year old Defoe is recalled being one of out best strikers. Are there no fit younger ones as good as him now as his day passed when he was omitted by Roy Hodgson.

Don't get the Defoe hatred, 2nd highest English scorer in the Prem, scoring goals for a shit team. Much rather have him in the squad than Sturridge who thinks he is 20,000 times better than Messi.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Lost most interest in England but I'm especially cross that we now have to suffer another international break when a) I'm already nervous about our next 2 home games and have to stew for 2 more weeks and b) we are absolute bobbins after an international break.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Absolutely no interest in. Fifa have wrecked the once great game. Pointless games against Minnie nations to qualify followed now by even more at the tournament before the real clashes begin. Should only play a handful of these minnows like Scotland. Rest should have to qualify for the right to play bigger nations. The qualifications are just so boring and tedious now. Still, families like yours seem to enjoy and it pays for Wembley but can't help but think it's just a money making rather than sporting contest.

It's a no from me! :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Bought four tickets for this some time ago (as they insist on selling them so far in advance) but now not sure I can be bothered to go. Now I am getting my football buzz from the Albion I really just see supporting England in any active way as a chore.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Family outing to Wembley for this one. Moshe Jnr's first taste of the national stadium and looking forward to it.

Thoughts on the game? England by 2-0 or 3-0 seem to be the most likely results according to the bookies...

I haven't really watched an England game properly for years. Compared to the days when we had proper many-capped England internationals, like Peter Shilton, Terry Butcher, Bryan Robson and Gary Lineker, the current crop seem a bit anonymous... who are the best/most interesting players to look out for?

Also (real reason for thread :ahem:) - any thoughts on travel? What is going to be most family friendly from Eastbourne? Currently considering using National Express coach having driven to pick up point in Crawley. Is that a rubbish idea or a decent option?

Very grateful for any advice from seasoned Wembley-goers.

Done all sorts of travel to Wembley and in the end decided driving up early and parking in one of the official car parks is actually the best bet. Especially if you get in the open air one as this will get you out quickly afterwards. If you get stuck in the multi car park you are in for a long long evening.

Tube and train work well, depending on where you are coming from, but as I insist on staying until the final whistle you are a long way back down Wembley Way.

Food is expensive.

Most fans leave on 80 minutes or before.

A lot of the fans there are family groups or tourists unless you go in the England end.

Enjoy though, Wembley is still something to behold, just unfortunate about the rest of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't get the Defoe hatred, 2nd highest English scorer in the Prem, scoring goals for a shit team. Much rather have him in the squad than Sturridge who thinks he is 20,000 times better than Messi.

I do not hate Defoe and respect his goal scoring record in fact I think he should have gone to France for Euro 2016 but my problem is bringing him back at 34 when the next World Cup comes will he still be able? I doubt it and would rather we blooded in a young successor to cover Kane/Vardy for that job and No I wouldnt have included Rooney for that job I would have looked at the U21s to add to Rashford. It is not as if qualifying is going to be a problem.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Done all sorts of travel to Wembley and in the end decided driving up early and parking in one of the official car parks is actually the best bet. Especially if you get in the open air one as this will get you out quickly afterwards. If you get stuck in the multi car park you are in for a long long evening.

Tube and train work well, depending on where you are coming from, but as I insist on staying until the final whistle you are a long way back down Wembley Way.

Food is expensive.

Most fans leave on 80 minutes or before.

A lot of the fans there are family groups or tourists unless you go in the England end.
Enjoy though, Wembley is still something to behold, just unfortunate about the rest of it.
Thanks. I don't really enjoy driving, especially at night, so we have gone for coach option. Return journey 45 mins after final whistle so we can at least stay til the end.

Agree with most observations about England games and Wembley. Definitely want to avoid being fleeced on food and drink. Luckily have got a free voucher for a £10 match programme...!!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
When I've taken my lad or lads up from Eastbourne, I've driven to Haywards Heath and got the train in to London. Makes for an easier journey home.

Last couple times I've been have, to be honest, been boring and a bit shit on atmosphere.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wouldn't mind in our team next year

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Lost most interest in England but I'm especially cross that we now have to suffer another international break when a) I'm already nervous about our next 2 home games and have to stew for 2 more weeks and b) we are absolute bobbins after an international break.

Excepting that having players back from injury will be a bonus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here