Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leon Balogun SIGNS [two-year deal]

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was staring into the abyss today - somebody tapped me on the shoulder and said: "Just in time..."

Felt the air rush, felt the pavement, fell in line.

A potentially decent signing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Whole Again - Atomic Kitten

Looking back on when we first met
I cannot escape and I cannot forget
He's Nigerian
Over 6ft 1
We've signed Leon Balogun

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
As a thought, if Balogun can cover Right Back, does that release Schelotto as another option for Right Wing - allowing him to use his bombing runs and decent crosses, minimising the damage of his defensive shortcomings?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
As a thought, if Balogun can cover Right Back, does that release Schelotto as another option for Right Wing - allowing him to use his bombing runs and decent crosses, minimising the damage of his defensive shortcomings?

I must have missed those.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
You seem to have completely sidestepped a Hughton team playing 3 at the back.

Oh and you corrected my spelling, not my grammar.

I never said Hughton had played 3 at the back. I merely stated that it could be an option with the new guy which would mean we could play a more attacking formation but leave the settled midfield and wingers intact.

The word you used was spelt correctly but was not being used in a grammatically correct way. I corrected your grammar.
But hey ho, nobodies perfect so let's not fall out over it eh?

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if CH used a back 3 next season. Unless we can recruit significantly better players position by position the only way to improve is to adjust the way we play to compete more effectively.
We will know soon enough once pre-season friendlies start.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I never said Hughton had played 3 at the back. I merely stated that it could be an option with the new guy which would mean we could play a more attacking formation but leave the settled midfield and wingers intact.

The word you used was spelt correctly but was not being used in a grammatically correct way. I corrected your grammar.
But hey ho, nobodies perfect so let's not fall out over it eh?

I think I see what you did there ....

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Definitely going to the world cup as announced in the final 23 man squad today .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Going for a scan today, probably out of Nigeria’s game tomorrow. No idea what the injury is, but, I hope it’s not serious.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here