Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I wouldn't mind if we went out and fought hard but ended up losing, but when the players can't be arsed to put a shift in then it really pisses me off. It's disrespectful to the club and the fans.
Schelotto needs to **** off and get Bruno on, Kayal is so deep that Locadia is getting no service because we're constantly on the back foot. Get Groß on to see if he can feed him a bit, if not then get Murray on. Ryan keeping us in this because we're looking pathetic.
That's why most are pissed off as it's pointless turning up if you have no interest in actually trying to compete:glare:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we had the option I'd bring on Hünemeier to bolster the defence as well as Bruno. Schellotto is not much as defender and Duffy is not good against nimble forwards.

Result is almost meaningless. Performance could be better.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i really didn't expect us to get anything from these last two games. so no surprise but a couple of our players are not really up to the premier league imho. have had doubts about scheletto's ability to defend since day 1 and today has reinforced that ten fold. Locadia - haven't written him off but i don't think he is the answer to our striker prayers. some money needs spending if we are to survive another season i suggest.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Unlucky not to be going in at half time level.

If March’s screamer from 25 yards had gone in and Lovrens header had gone over we’d be going in level. Just the way it goes. A little fine tuning from CH and a bit of improvement in some players then who knows. We just need to get the next goal. Back to the drugs!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Hope the experimental line up that I thought might be exciting, is removed at halftime. Get Glen and Pascal on rapido.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This thread is a god send to some. A last chance to put the boot in to as many of our players as possible. The good news is that so many of them are playing terribly no one knows quite who to scapegoat. Lucky the transfer window is close otherwise I don't know how they'd make it through the summer.

It's quite amusing without it being funny isn't it! I am sure we are not the first team to have players found out against some of the best players in the world. I am sure they are all trying their hearts out but if they ain't good enough they ain't good enough.Credit must always be given to the opposition, Liverpool have some incredible players, Salah may turn put to be the top scorer this season, it's not only players in our side he has made look out of their depth.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
It's even more one sided than I was expecting. Liverpool are absolutely destroying us for fun. I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise when we struggle against cut price Klopp at Huddersfield. Stands to reason that the genuine article would give us even more trouble.

Still. It's not the best fun watching the best Brighton team I've ever seen get dismantled at will and have absolutely no answers to it.

So disgraceful - utterly disrespectful to the travelling fans!!!

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If March’s screamer from 25 yards had gone in and Lovrens header had gone over we’d be going in level. Just the way it goes. A little fine tuning from CH and a bit of improvement in some players then who knows. We just need to get the next goal. Back to the drugs!!

Fine margins in this nail biter:

IMG_2609.PNG

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just like last season....massive celebration....then players switch off.....we go through the motions in the last few games and fans feel let down. We all knew these last two games were going to be ultra difficult but we have created exhibition games and invited City and Liverpool to fill their boots. We need to send a message out for next season by continuing to fight like crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills