Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Employment change question

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ask for a salary re-assessment first. Your employer should be using one of the standard methods of working out how much a job should be paid, and if they are adding further levels of responsibility, then it my mean that your post goes up a grade or two. At least this way, if they impose new duties on you, you'll be rewarded for them. But they also might realise that they don't want to pay you more, and so scrap the idea.

I would ask for this and tell them that you cannot accept the new role until it has been done.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they technically cant make you change, though as Cheshire Cat and others describe they can bounce you into a different role if they really want to.

something to chew on, auditing and compliance is a pretty safe role that cant be outsourced (because responsibility must remain in company). so it may be a good move unless you really dont feel up to being a paperchaser. also put out feelers if there is something on the horizon for the current job and someone is doing you a favour. and a pay rise should come with increased responsibilities too.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ask for a salary re-assessment first. Your employer should be using one of the standard methods of working out how much a job should be paid, and if they are adding further levels of responsibility, then it my mean that your post goes up a grade or two. At least this way, if they impose new duties on you, you'll be rewarded for them. But they also might realise that they don't want to pay you more, and so scrap the idea.

I would ask for this and tell them that you cannot accept the new role until it has been done.

This.....

Show me the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here