Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swans v Saints

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hmmm. Motivating force...like a coach driver shitting on a dressing room floor?

Holloway played a blinder with that one too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you're implying they made it up, they didn't. The Premises manager at my wife's college is also involved in security for the saints, and it was through him that she first became aware of it.

And the premises manager works for Saints to...and knows that Marriotts are telling porkies ....i'll reserve judgement on that one

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep they do have quality. I hope they give Hughes 5 years. He seems to have a knack of making most teams worse the longer he is there. Save them this year. Followed by a mid table next year followed by a slow downwards spiral like stoke and then fired when saints are back where they started when he took over

The hatred of Mark Hughes on NSC is leading to exaggerating of how shite he is.

He led Stoke to 3 x 9th place finishes (their highest in 40 years), then 13th.

If forced, I'd rather have him over all of Pardew, Pulis, Clement, Allardyce, Lambert.

Stoke's massive mistake last summer, was selling Arnautovic and not replacing him with equal quality. Their owner Coates didnt blame that one on Hughes, but on Arnautovic.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/we-resurrected-career-stoke-city-10873283

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Apologies if already discussed CBA to read back through 17 pages....

Assuming Swansea get relegated, is this the first time that all 3 newly promoted sides have survived the drop in the EPL?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The hatred of Mark Hughes on NSC is leading to exaggerating of how shite he is.

He led Stoke to 3 x 9th place finishes (their highest in 40 years), then 13th.

If forced, I'd rather have him over all of Pardew, Pulis, Clement, Allardyce, Lambert.

Stoke's massive mistake last summer, was selling Arnautovic and not replacing him with equal quality. Their owner Coates didnt blame that one on Hughes, but on Arnautovic.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/we-resurrected-career-stoke-city-10873283

Maybe that much is true but I still hate him so I think he should take stokes demise on the chin despite having the best players sold. As for saints well he’s kept them up but the quality they had he should have done although they should also never have been anywhere near the bottom 3. But yes hatred may blind his ability slightly but he’s still an over rated idiot.
As for having him those other 5. Well lol that is almost a given

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apologies if already discussed CBA to read back through 17 pages....

Assuming Swansea get relegated, is this the first time that all 3 newly promoted sides have survived the drop in the EPL?

No. But it doesn't happen very often: once or twice in the entire history of football (so, since 1992) I think.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
She said she was going to have to protect the cat. I suspect her other half is a very unhappy man right now.

He was a bit sweary last night (Mr K, not the cat). I think he's more or less accepted how terrible they are now, but is still holding out a faint hope that results will go their way. I think not, by the way. I wouldn't be surprised to see Huddersfield nabbing the point they need off a typically swaggering but ultimately ineffective Chelsea tonight, followed by the usual annoying Wagner posturing in front of their fans.

I also cannot see Swansea beating Stoke: they just don't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. Au contraire, in fact: I can see Stoke turning them over now the pressure is off them, a bit like Sunderland spanked Wolves at the weekend.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I also cannot see Swansea beating Stoke: they just don't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. Au contraire, in fact: I can see Stoke turning them over now the pressure is off them, a bit like Sunderland spanked Wolves at the weekend.
And there's nothing more enjoyable for a team being relegated than taking another team down with them.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I've seen all Stains televised games. Lemina was quality and Hoedt a good CB (yet again last night).

Cedric also being quality, doesn't preclude others from being the same.

Just want to jump in here...

As a fan that’s been to nearly every game this season, my views are:
Lemina - absolute class at times, a real showboat cm, can defend, attack... but has a dodgy moment in him. On 3 occasions this season, his mistakes have led to us conceding ( trying to do something fancy normally )

Hoedt - again, never goes for the simple pass or clearances. Loves a turn in our own half, normally resulting in him losing the ball and inviting pressure. Very bad in the air for a tall centre back.

Cedric - he won the euros. World class etc etc. Can’t cross a ball to save his life and wouldn’t be gutted at all if he leaves this summer. Easily replaceable.

I know this looks like we are ungrateful, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on these players I watch week in, week out.
It is interesting to see how other teams see it though.

On a final note, congratulations on an excellent end to the season.

See you next year ( hopefully...being a Southampton supporter, you just never know what could happen )

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He was a bit sweary last night (Mr K, not the cat). I think he's more or less accepted how terrible they are now, but is still holding out a faint hope that results will go their way. I think not, by the way. I wouldn't be surprised to see Huddersfield nabbing the point they need off a typically swaggering but ultimately ineffective Chelsea tonight, followed by the usual annoying Wagner posturing in front of their fans.

Well called, including the Wagner posturing! He is very irritating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here