Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I do sometimes find with the internet that sometimes it is worth not checking on how Schrodinger's Cat is getting on in it's box.

Like with the BBS, if I don't read it, the pixels won't make the resulting pattern on my screen and the 'musings' won't exist to me.

I'll leave this kitten unobserved.

Exactly the same here... But in this case they were (fairly) posted on here so I had to see them! So much drivel is written these days and social media etc give these idiots the platform.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Again your logic fails, you are defending the indefensible clearly not all fans joined in, just call out the ones that did. Simples.

Agreed.....this is one 'away' poster who used to have some credibility on here...i think in the eyes of many he's lost all of that

So, Chris Hughton criticised the booing for the message it sends
The FA criticise the booing for the message it sends
Kick it Out criticise the booing for the message it sends.

But its ok, the people who did boo have told us why it was absolute fine.

As long as they are happy.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Of course it's Bongs fault, if he'd have stayed in his own country none of this would have happened.

Obvious when you look at it through Burnley's eyes really.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And on that thread on twitter there are still Burnley fans claiming Rodriguez was cleared. sigh.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With all the media attention this is getting again it'll be interesting to see how the Man Utd fans behave on Friday night. Let's hope they show a lot more class than their Lancastrian neighbors.

I'd expect Lukaku to try and kick him in the nuts. Twice.

SAC

May 21, 2014
And on that thread on twitter there are still Burnley fans claiming Rodriguez was cleared. sigh.

Until a Burnley fan posted it yesterday, I wasn't aware that there were only two possible verdicts, proven and not proven. Therefore not proven is the same as being cleared. If it isn't then how can he be cleared or should he forever more be thought of as an unproven racist?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Until a Burnley fan posted it yesterday, I wasn't aware that there were only two possible verdicts, proven and not proven. Therefore not proven is the same as being cleared. If it isn't then how can he be cleared or should he forever more be thought of as an unproven racist?

No - the difference is in the detail. The FA went on in their statement to make it quite clear that they considered Bong had acted in complete good faith. That is - they didn't 'not believe him', they could not really make a decision either way. If they had intended JR to be 'cleared', they would have said something like 'we find the complaint to be unsubstantiated', or 'we are of the opinion that JR did not say the words he was accused of saying'. They were very very far off saying that.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12

I think the verdict has to be read in conjunction with the notes explaining the verdict. The notes clear Bong of any wrong-doing, but cannot say whether Jay did say racist comments or not, so it is not proven. We have to give him the benefit of the doubt, and should not give him any abuse the next time he visits the Amex.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

It's a tricky one for sure. Unlike criminal courts the FA Panel are not there to judge a defendant as being guilty or not guilty, they are there to try and establish, based on the burden of proof available, whether a case can be proved or not, and then apply an appropriate sanction. This does leave a 'not proven' verdict open to interpretation that a not guilty verdict wouldn't be. That's why I have stated that I can understand why JR has taken it as being cleared, especially if he is so indignant because it was genuinely a case of being misheard. As has been said ad nauseum though, there's only one person in the world who really knows if that is the case or not.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Do they still burn witches upon the black hills of Burnley?

Objection
Sustained

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here