Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Thanks to the clocks changing kick off is now at 10pm here now, much more civilised.
5.30pm here now, popping out for a bite with wifey and then back for the game, bed midnight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I like this bit

The last four meetings have all ended in draws.
Brighton are unbeaten in seven league matches against Burnley and have conceded only four goals during this run (W3, D4).
The Seagulls have won four times and lost just once in their last seven league visits to Turf Moor.
I don't like stats - not before a match, anyway. Winning runs always come to an end sometime, and so do unbeaten runs -and the longer any such runs go on the more likely they are to end!
But, if we could keep it going for one more match.....please!!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Weird statistic...It is less than two and a half years since Brighton's last match at Burnley (1-1, November 2015), but the Clarets will not have even one of their starting XI that day in their team this afternoon.

Heaton, Darikwa, Duff, Keane, Mee; Boyd, Barton, Jones, Arfield; Hennings, Gray...........................Heaton (now on bench), Darikwa (Forest), Duff (manager Burnley U23s), Keane (Everton), Boyd, Jones (both Sheff Wed),
Barton (new Fleetwood manager), Arfield (joining Rangers), Hennings (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Gray (Watford). Mee (injured).

The Seagulls will only likely have 4 of their 2015 line-up....: Bruno, Dunk, Stephens, Kayal.

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just noticed that the Liverpool V Stoke game is on SKY ONE

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Have they moved Stoke or was Izzy,s goal disallowed?

They moved stoke. It's now just this side of Exeter. I'm surprised you weren't aware, it was all over the news. People of Exeter were up in arms, they were happy for stoke to be moved south, they just didn't want it next to them. Bunch of NIMBYs if you ask me.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Db3yfQgWkAAXhP3.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stoke drawing is good. Can’t see them making up an 18 goal difference in 2 and 4 games - would need a 3 goal a game ratio in their favour / against ours...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just got back, and watched the last few minutes of the Stoke game.
Be interested to see what Klopp thinks of this one, as Stoke obviously didn't need the points as much as they did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here