Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No ratings thread?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I'll start then - mods please merge if I've missed it.

Ryan - 7 - did nothing wrong, love the fact that he catches most things.
Schelotto - 5 - not his best game
Dunk - 6 - solid, but missed a great chance with a free header
Duffy - 2 - he gets 2 for putting his shirt on the right way round. Not sure he did much else right. And will he ever get one of those free headers from corners on target?
Bong - 6 - an 8 defensively and a 4 attacking. But not much gets past him.
Stephens - 5 - looked off the pace
Propper - 5 - missed a great chance to make the game very different. Stupid challenge even if a harsh red. Some nice passes in between.
Gross - 5 - ineffective versus usual
Izquierdo - 4 - one of those days, but he really needs to vary it - they knew he was going inside every time
March - 5 - did ok, somewhat lucky with the goal but I just don't think we look as threatening versus even a half throttle Knocky
Murray - 5 - a 7 for his work in the air and a 3 for his work on the floor

Kayal - 6 - did what he needed to do
Ulloa - 5 - lost nearly everything in the air from being the wrong side of the CB

Chris - 4 - after a bright start we got overrun in midfield where they were sharper and snappier in the tackle than us. Incapable of making a sub at less than 60 mins. And where was Locadia when we were crying out for a different sort of threat up front.

Agree with all the above , thought CH picked the wrong team and the wrong tactics , all too cautious

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 6.5
Schelotto 6
Duffy 3
Dunk 6
Bong 5
March 7 MOTM - Our best player today I thought but know that the NSC scapegoat brigade watch with anti-March tinted spectacles.
Propper 7 - Really good today apart from his missed chance in first minute and unlucky to be sent off
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 6
Gross 5
Murray 5

Kayal 6
Ulloa 6

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ryan 6 - Did what was expected, could have gotten more distance on a punch about the only criticism.
Schelotto 6 - Good but the total absence of a left foot makes me on edge every time he's backtracking with the ball.
Duffy 4 - Shocking lazy back pass, jumping too early, missed with a free header.
Dunk 7(MotM) - Is just class, should have done better with another free header.
Bong 7 - Another good game.
March 6 - Ok but needs to do more for me.
Stephens 6 - Decent first game back.
Propper 5 - Don't blame him for the challenge but missed a sitter.
Izquierdo 5 - Can't be missing those kinds of chances and it's happeneing a bit too frequently. Also had a goldern opportunity first half to square it to an unmarked Murray instead of running it off for a GK.
Gross 5 - Anonymous game and he's had a few of them.
Murray 6 - Don't think he played as badly as people are making out, he wins so many headers even today. Not his fault that whoever he's flicked it onto was charged down by 3x Hudds players and immediately gives it away.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Couldn't pass, couldn't score, second to just about everything, poor decision-making. Rubbish ... except for the first 10 minutes.

Ryan 7. Made two or three good stops and did what he needed to. Some variety with goal kicks would be welcome.
Schelotto 5. Well below his best. Caught upfield a couple of times; awful free kick in the first half which almost lead to a Hudds goal; seemed to be the wrong side of his man too often.
Duffy 3. Crap performance. Confidence looked shot to pieces after giving the ball away.
Dunk 7. Not at his best. Couple of awful passes (was it catching?) and didn't look as dominant as usual.
Bong 6. OK, but not his best.
Stephens 7. Good to have him back, but also not at his best. At least he maybe had an excuse coming back from injury.
Propper 6. Awful miss when he should have scored. Otherwise a decent enough game until the red card.
March 6. Lucky goal, but at least he had a shot on goal. otherwise a mixed performance. Faded in the second half.
Izquierdo 5. Poor today. Shocking miss when only needed to go round the keeper. Probably too predictable.
Gross 5. Nowhere near his best.
Murray 6. Good in the air where he won just about every ball, but to often no one there to pick it up. Some poor passing.

Subs:
Ulloa 6. Not much time to shine as we were down to ten shortly after he came on.
Kayal 6.

We must start scoring goals again. Here's an idea ... why not start our record signing who happens to be a striker?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 6 - good saves, dreadful kicking
Schelotto 6
Duffy 4
Dunk 5 - both centre backs seemed weirdly complacent on the ball today
Bong 6
March 6.5 - keen to impress
Propper 7 - should have scored, unlucky with the red card but the best passer of the ball on the pitch by a mile. We'll miss him
Stephens 5 - not fit, was he?
Izquierdo 6
Gross 5
Murray 5

Kayal 5.5
Ulloa 6

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
If you spend £14m or £16m whatever it was we spent on Locadia and you do not bring him on as an additional striker with 10 or 15 mins to go in a game that you need to win, something is seriously wrong.

But we didn’t need to win. We needed to not lose.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 8 MoM
Schelotto 7
Dunk 6
Duffy 3
Bong 6
March 6
Stephens 6
Propper 7
Jose 6
Gross 6
Murray 5

Kayal 5
Ulloa 3 - Hemed would be better!

CH 4

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thank god someone else noticed, I was a bit lost in the sea of Murray can't win shit in the air nonsense.

Exactly where are you seeing this Murray can't win anything in the air nonsense? It certainly isn't in this thread:

Murray - 5 - a 7 for his work in the air and a 3 for his work on the floor
Higher mark for his work in the air

I pretty much agree with that, Murray was shit, a 2, no point winning headers if they're going straight to the opposing keeper
Noted his winning of headers

Murray 5 - Gross too far away from him.
No comment on his winning or not of headers.

Murray 5 Won a few headers but did nothing with them,
Won headers

No comment either way

Murray 6 - thought he did reasonably well given the lack of service. Needs to be in box much more.
No comment on winning or not of headers

Murray - 5.
No comment either way

No comment either way

Murray 6. Good in the air where he won just about every ball, but to often no one there to pick it up. Some poor passing.
The one post you saw

No comment either way

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
We needed to win. We are more likely than not the losers in each of our remaining games. Burnley and CP with home advantage are simply better than us.

So you think Stoke and Southampton can both generate another 3 wins? And assume that Palace, Huddersfield, Swansea and West Ham will also all finish above us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan - 7
Schelotto 6 Got Duffy out trouble at times
Bong - 7
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 3
March 4 Doesn't know where to be, positional play of a 5 year old
Propper 4
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 7 Our only truly dangerous player, he made runs that put him in a position to score, he just didn't hohum
Gross 5
Murray 5

Ulloa 4
Kayal 6

Hughton 3 his substitutions never change anything tactically for the best.

Izquierdo and Ulloa had shockers. Izquierdo had the ability to destroy Hudd, but did next to nothing. Ulloa was a waste of space.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most of us forget to rate the manager. A 5 from me, CH is great but what frustrates me is the apparent inability to change things mid game, either half, is it him or the players? And as has been said, substitutions are generally like for like, and predictable.

We have been outwitted by average teams more than a few times in recent years.

We have a better squad that Huddersfield, IMO, but their manager and players performed well, they deserved their point in most respects, although I doubt they would have scored if it hadn't been given to them on a plate

Our goal was a complete **** up by their keeper too, it was a very tame shot that the keeper fluffed

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So you think Stoke and Southampton can both generate another 3 wins? And assume that Palace, Huddersfield, Swansea and West Ham will also all finish above us?

I think we're staying up, I hope and pray.

But we may well lose all remaining games. Liverpool, ManU, ManC and Spurs are simply far better than us - will stop us scoring with ease (they're all light years ahead of Arsenal) and have so many threats. Palace and Burnley have home advantage, proven PL matchwinners, pace, power and goals.

Incredibly a team ending with LLDLLLLLL may well stay up.

Because others are having mares.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
I think we're staying up, I hope and pray.

But we may well lose all remaining games. Liverpool, ManU, ManC and Spurs are simply far better than us - will stop us scoring with ease (they're all light years ahead of Arsenal) and have so many threats. Palace and Burnley have home advantage, proven PL matchwinners, pace, power and goals.

Incredibly a team ending with LLDLLLLLL may well stay up.

Because others are having mares.

So to my point - it wasn’t “must win”

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Apart from the first 15 minutes, we were the poorest I have seen us as a team [at home] all season.
All were off the pace, except for Ryan and March.
I think the nerves got to the players, with so many sloppy passes and poor first touches.
I think we were lucky Huddersfield were so shite.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
We needed to win. We are more likely than not the losers in each of our remaining games. Burnley and CP with home advantage are simply better than us.

No we didn't. Our odds for relegation have got bigger by 6-8 points (14-1/16-1 before, out to 22-1 now). And Palace are 2.05 to win next Saturday - ie. odds-on not to. We are more likely than not the losers, but that does not mean our opponents are more likely than not to win. Draws can make all the difference.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I think Huddersfield done a bit of research on us, firstly we was/have been doing a lot of back passes to our keeper. We was doing these passes without looking to see if anyone was around, and some of them was close to call, until the Duffy one. They was seeming to capitalize on these passes. (hopefully this reads alright)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So to my point - it wasn’t “must win”

It was our last decent chance to win, and a win would've have seen us safe IMO.

I think we're quite likely to lose all remaining games, so that's pinning our hopes on 2 other clubs stinking the rest of the season out with WBA.

Risky to get LLLLLL and have to rely on others, so yes, it was a must win.

The only reason I think we're staying us is a completely irrational gut feeling and Albion bias.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here