Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday drinks thread

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So far 2 sherries, 3 white wines...

A little break and then onto the punk ipa.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
may i ask how much the 85 set you back?

I'm in Somerset, i reckon i could be at yours by 9.30 if i left now...

I bought two cases of bottles and 1 case (6) of magnums in about '90. I'll have to check, but around £50/bottle, slightly more than pro-rata for the magnums, from memory.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I bought two cases of bottles and 1 case (6) of magnums in about '90. I'll have to check, but around £50/bottle, slightly more than pro-rata for the magnums, from memory.

that's an absolute steal.

I've just found a sinlge bottle price online. **** a duck!

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
that's an absolute steal.

I've just found a sinlge bottle price online. **** a duck!

Well, it's also 26 years ago, so wasn't a particular steal at the time. My wine drinking has been pretty much self-financing for 20 years...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dry Jan init.....

Although I have already decided January will officially end on the train to PNE next week

Squash or water for me too. Going to take a temporary break the day after the Sheff Weds game for my mate's 40th though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Love mac and cheese. I went to this place last weekend and had their usual mac and cheese. But, for the new year they'd slung lobster in it as a one off. Boy oh boy was it good. An amazing combo. I'm going to petition for its regular appearance on their menu.

Why does the term mac and cheese remind me of a big fat yank? Macaroni cheese is the same dish, yet reminds me of something so very different.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why does the term mac and cheese remind me of a big fat yank? Macaroni cheese is the same dish, yet reminds me of something so very different.

Now that you mention it, I have the same image as you for Mac n cheese, which is radically different for macaroni cheese. Weird.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dry Jan init.....

Although I have already decided January will officially end on the train to PNE next week
Having not drunk much for 3 months, I'm having a Wet January I think...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Off up to a friends tomorrow, about 2 miles away, for a meal with the intention of alcoholic refreshment. However the downside of living in more rural surroundings is that it seems NO taxi drivers will admit to working weekends so can't order a cab so will have to drive so no alcohol (Maybe just the one ). That means I will certainly be partaking this evening with a double dose to make up for it!

I remember a few years ago ringing around for a taxi one evening for a dinner guest and the closest I got was "Well I am supposed to be on tonight but I have a had a drink so can't come out"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here