Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
10 million what, I wonder. Pounds? Euro's? Dollars? Magic beans?

Must be dollars. There's no way in hell Brighton pay 10 million pounds for a player, unless we go up.

So $10 million = £6.5 Million

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
10 million what, I wonder. Pounds? Euro's? Dollars? Magic beans?

If it's pesos that would equate to £681k - the peso is really weak compared to the pound. (Edit: XE.com says it's £981k which is vaguely more believable)

If it was US dollars that's almost £6.5m, which would almost certainly be wrapped up in clauses that are based on promotion.

I'm not sure which currency is more likely

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
[MENTION=13455]Hector[/MENTION]AHeredia @Eze_sosa [MENTION=16554]julia[/MENTION]nbla Hi Hector, is that US Dollars? Has it been Accepted? Thanks in advance

He replied with...

10 mill dollars. Boca didn't answer yet.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If and I'm not 100% convinced yet that a director is there we must of had some encouragement the deal can be done.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'd be highly surprised that the Albion would allow this transfer to be so publicly open.

Smells like Bullshit to me. I'm still hopeful of him coming but we've got to wait a good few months until any of us actually know really what's going on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I saw them in 2011 in the emirates cup against PSG, looked like the Boca bus had ambushed the local north London tapas bar and hijacked 11 bearded middle aged fat
latino's. Sure if i remember rightly they beat PSG with a slow,non-running game of keep ball.

My only Boca game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XngZYcJVplI

They were shite as they could not adjust to the Bolivian altitude.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I'd be highly surprised that the Albion would allow this transfer to be so publicly open.

Smells like Bullshit to me. I'm still hopeful of him coming but we've got to wait a good few months until any of us actually know really what's going on.

It's not normal Albion style, is it? I will believe when I see the customary holding the shirt photo on the official website.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It's not normal Albion style, is it? I will believe when I see the customary holding the shirt photo on the official website.

But we haven't said anything and neither have Boca, only a single "ITK" journalist/ tv presenter. We have no control over what he tweets.

We haven't admitted or denied anything as usual.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well, if these reports are accurate, we should be nearing the end of this story, one way or another.

I know the club like to keep things under wraps, but I doubt Boca will adopt the same approach.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Now everyone knows he maybe up for sale, so that's that over and done with then.
Might not need him anyway.

Oh we do. We've won 7 games, unbeaten, but with only a goal difference of +7. We're just doing enough (as [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] said on Facebook)

Also, now is the time to do the deal, as we're clear at the top. Quite an enticing proposition.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Oh we do. We've won 7 games, unbeaten, but with only a goal difference of +7. We're just doing enough (as [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] said on Facebook)

Also, now is the time to do the deal, as we're clear at the top. Quite an enticing proposition.
This.

We need more fire power up front. A top striker is all that we are lacking.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

This with bells on. These close games are requiring the defence to be perfect nearly every game and as we saw with Chris Woods' two missed sitters on saturday you cannot reasonably expect them to be so all the time. We need to start getting a little bit more of a cushion in games, particularly ones that we find ourselves dominating. Three forwards is not enough for a 46 game season, four should be the minimum to have eon hand, preferably five.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This with bells on. These close games are requiring the defence to be perfect nearly every game and as we saw with Chris Woods' two missed sitters on saturday you cannot reasonably expect them to be so all the time. We need to start getting a little bit more of a cushion in games, particularly ones that we find ourselves dominating. Three forwards is not enough for a 46 game season, four should be the minimum to have eon hand, preferably five.

We have 4 (Elvis). I agree another one would be nice though, particularly if it is this chap!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
All eleven positions need strengthening always have always will.

A striker should be number one priority though a greater threat in the final third would be useful not just for the obvious reasons of more goals etc but also to take some of the pressure off the defence and midfield. Both of which have been magnificent so far but have not been able to relax in a single game yet. I've no idea if this guy is on TB's radar but with the PL TV deal next season and our start to the season I would be amazed if Tony doesn't splash the cash come January, we certainly have the best chance in over 30 years of making the top division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here