Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Away Kit RIP OFF

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has nobody any sympathy for the children who will have the piss ripped out of them at school for having LAST seasons Albion shirt instead of the new one ? It seems I'm the only one with a CONSCIENCE on NSC

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the Albion SHIRT buying children OF Mile Oak :cry:

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Not bothering this year as I usually wear it under my jacket and the front is virtually the same as last year. With the demise of Errea, last year's yellow away strip was always being replaced.

At least we shall be able to see who is playing with white numbers on a blue back next year - impossible last year from the dizzy heights of WSU!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The 'Ernest' rule:

- Make whinging thread
- find no-one agrees
- make another post trying to make it more light hearted
- ? ? ? ?
- Profit.

Frequency of shirt changes doesn't bother me - if people want to and can afford to buy a new one each year then that's great for them. If not, then it doesn't matter if you wear one from 14/16 or 1970s.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't buy it then.

It's not a competition to own every one, and there is no shame in not having the latest version of all kits.

Like the £2 cups of tea, pies, bottles of coke, and so on, with kits, these are all well over-priced compared to the market rates you might find elsewhere for similar items, for the obvious reason that we are freely supplementing club income to meet the vast costs in running a club, especially in transfer fees and player wages. If unwilling to, don't buy.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The 'Ernest' rule:

- Make whinging thread
- find no-one agrees
- make another post trying to make it more light hearted
- ? ? ? ?
- Profit.

Frequency of shirt changes doesn't bother me - if people want to and can afford to buy a new one each year then that's great for them. If not, then it doesn't matter if you wear one from 14/16 or 1970s.

The 'Grombleton' rule :

STORK Ernet's threads

Make REMARK trying to look CLEVER

FAIL miserably and end up looking a COCK

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
IWhat I will say is these patterns can become stuffed up when shirt sponsor and kit supplier changes and don't coincide with 'scheduled' changes of kit. Hopefully we have long-term deals with Amex and Nike and this won't be an issue for us for some time to come.

The beauty of this new shirt is the sponsor logo can be peeled off and a new one stuck on should AMEX ditch us at an inconvenient time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has nobody any sympathy for the children who will have the piss ripped out of them at school for having LAST seasons Albion shirt instead of the new one ? It seems I'm the only one with a CONSCIENCE on NSC

Seven posts too late.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The 'Grombleton' rule :

STORK Ernet's threads

oh u

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The 'Grombleton' rule :

STORK Ernet's threads

:lolol::lolol:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
ALL replica footy kits are a rip off - as are ticket prices, food, booking fees, programs etc.

Don't like it? Don't buy them or even go to matches.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware my loyalty to the Albion does not compel me to buy any of their shirts.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'd rather we had a new kit every season, gives another thing to be excited about in the boring close season, and means that if we get a crap design (like now) you only have to wait 12 months for a refresh. I get that people with kids feel like they have to keep buying the new kit but that isn't the club's fault is it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Out of interest, how easy do you think it would be to remove the sponsor panel? Maybe [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] is the man to ask?

I can point you to this, but it's not that easy to do it on purpose.

http://youtu.be/9z4aemfDdAc

But you can just get your mum to wash it too hot and/or tumble dry it and it's bound to come off!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
We've just had a 1 season only home shirt and now the new Red & Black away shirt is a one season only deal so looks like we will be changing a shirt every season. When Prem League sides do this all the lickers get on their high horses and say how we wouldn't do such things as Bloom & Barber care about the fans. Well welcome to the corporate world of football and it stinks.

Is there anything you dont moan about? Sooooooo boring!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here