Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward deal NOT done (yet?)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think this could go some way to explaining why Wolves are wasting £130k a week on players that aren't going to play.

They seem to be expecting a fee AND for other clubs to meet the inflated wages they are paying them. If they had any sense they would let them all go for free - we could easily afford 13k/week if there is no fee involved.

If Ward walks away for free with his Wolves contract terminated by mutual agreement , not only will he get compo from Wolves but pick up a signing on fee from his new club. A £100k transfer fee or a £100k signing on fee , you decide.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could O Hara fill our goal scoring midfielder role, subject to wages of course.

The Express & Star reported 5 days ago that he still has 2 years on his Wolves contract and is drawing a salary thought to be somewhere between £25k and £35k a week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would have thought we would have tried to sign Ward, seems more and more unlikely as time goes on... cue he signs today/tomorrow. He seemed to enjoy his time here and I am surprised he hasnt signed, I guess its the reported 13k a week that is the stumbling block.

I don't know. I'd say that the longer the transfer window goes on without another club willing to match his 13k a week wage, the more likely that BHA's offer of 9-10k a week for the next 3 years would look attractive to him in comparison to just one more year on 13k and being ostracised to the reserves all season.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Could O Hara fill our goal scoring midfielder role, subject to wages of course.

Well maybe he could, but unless you're addressing your post to Sami what's the point. I don't ever in my tiny little mind imagine that the Amex Generals read NSC and say .... Well that's a great idea "One Eyed Gull or Bandy Legged Coots" suggested on the forum. It's absolutely pointless concerning ourselves about players that aren't in their field of vision. Every player we will sign this window will already be in someone at headquarters little black book.:)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I would have thought we would have tried to sign Ward, seems more and more unlikely as time goes on... cue he signs today/tomorrow. He seemed to enjoy his time here and I am surprised he hasnt signed, I guess its the reported 13k a week that is the stumbling block.

The stories from the local papers last week all implied that a deal had been done on personal terms, the stumbling block was the fee that Wolves were asking for a player they made clear they don't want.

Every week they stall it costs them another £13k, seems a bit dumb really.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Jules is back and posting on the "moving to Paris" thread! Yay! Perhaps he'll pop in here soon?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
more fool Wolves for agreeing such stupid wages for such a stupid person.

You have to pay that stupid amount of wages in the Premier , Spanish Len has just secured a 4 year deal with Leicester paying him at least treble his Albion wages.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stephen Ward playing in this friendly match tonight could work in our favour as the scouts from other clubs put in glowing reports about his performance but the financials deter any offers coming in.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In response to me asking Jules about Ward on the "moving to Paris" thread, he's replied

"The agent said he was 95 % sure but I guess nothing is 100 % until the deal is done. Disagreement over personal terms I understand."

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What scouts are going to be more impressed in his performance in an U21 friendly than being one of the best players in the team that finished 6th last season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stephen Ward playing in this friendly match tonight could work in our favour as the scouts from other clubs put in glowing reports about his performance but the financials deter any offers coming in.

How does that work in our favour?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here