Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many times does Solly March play well a season?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Look, no doubt he was appalling yesterday. Probably the worst of a bad bunch on the day, and it was extremely frustrating to watch him lose possession frequently, always seeming hesitant. All that said, some on here have extremely short memories. He’s definitely a talented player, and has shown that over his time here. The second half of our promotion season, then at the start of our debut PL campaign, he was receiving widespread praise as our “only player who looks Premier League quality”. Many announced they wouldn’t be tempted to sell following hypothetical bids of 15, 20, 25 million pounds. It’s very easy to turn on a player when they’re not performing, at present there’s not a player in our squad that doesn’t deserve our encouragement and support. Somewhat ironically, many have criticised March for ‘lacking confidence’ (something I do believe to be true watching him play) but incessant noise around some lacklustre showings is probably the worst thing for his self belief.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Excellent hard working performance. Was turning Young with ease in the first half.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
That's the quality we know he has and why it's so frustrating that he often doesn't produce it. Hopefully he can keep it up - if so he'll be difficult to dislodge from the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ha ha ha ha ha

Lots of ridiculous opinions on this thread standing out for their ridiculosity

Is this the new Barnes thread? I do hope so. Keep it up Solly

Nope, there were still people posting how shit Barnes was even after he had a good game. I have seen plenty of posts today admitting CH got it right playing him when they didn’t think he should have played. Pretty well everyone wants him to do well, but he hasn’t been great in most of the games he has started over the last season. Today he was.

Nothing like poor old Ashley when he was here.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I’ll be honest and say I was one who cheered when he was taken off last week he was woeful . Also very disappointed that he started today but wow what a performance my man of match today worked his nuts off hope he starts next week . Happy to b proven wrong and to have it rammed down my throat well done solly please keep it up fantastic performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Solly was excellent today, in attack and defending - keep that standard and we have a great player again

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great performance. Keep it up son. Thread did the trick ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nope, there were still people posting how shit Barnes was even after he had a good game. I have seen plenty of posts today admitting CH got it right playing him when they didn’t think he should have played. Pretty well everyone wants him to do well, but he hasn’t been great in most of the games he has started over the last season. Today he was.

Nothing like poor old Ashley when he was here.

Spot on.

Everyone wants him to do well, personally I wouldn't have started him today after Watford, I would have got it wrong based on that display. Let's hope it continues.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Chris Hughton really is quite good at this management thingy isn’t he?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Excellent perfomance today by Solly. If I'm being mega critical, I'd say he should've shot with his right foot (even though he never uses it), when he had the chance – but you can't have everything...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some people have been far too critical of March. There's no doubt he's worth his place in this 25 man squad and he was superb today. I hope he'll kick on from this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here