Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How much are you paying for your water bill?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I would say we run the dishwasher and washing machine once a day and my wife may have 1 or 2 baths a week.

Not sure we should still be hit for £55 though...

Again, I'll see how it settles down now we are on a meter. It was installed very recently so maybe it hasn't quite sorted itself out or we will get a nice big refund if we are overspending.

Before they merged I think they were 32 and 26 for south east and Southern respectively.

I may have misread your original post but am assuming your £60 a month was non metered/their estimate?

Mine is metered averaged out over three years and with Affinity water and for both water and soil age usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I used to work for Anglian Water , doing water efficiency and have it sorted at home.
3000 ltr Rainwater harvesting tank in the front garden, which cuts your bills down On WC’s alone, then added to that we run the washing machine of the rainwater and also the gardening.
Shower restrictor on all the showers, tap insert restrictors on all the taps. Anglian water also did a trial with smart meters which gave you a digital display so you could tell how much a bath cost, shower, wc flush etc, which really makes a difference. I have 2 of these , one for mains water and one in the garage for the rainwater harvesting.
Me, Mrs and daughter £16 per month :thumbsup:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
About £22 for 2 people here.

£64 for 2 adults and a child doesn't sound right.

It should say on the letter/bill how many liters your household has consumed over the course of the previous year. That would be a better indication on whether you are paying too much or not. It's possible you have a water leak or something else going on that's making it go up :mad:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
£41...3 adults..shower only hardly any garden watering, but the washing machine has complained that its overworked...just had the bill in and its gone up from £32 which is a tad puzzling and the ''if its yellow let it mellow'' is in force :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People ask why I live in Turkey, £20 a year water, £28 a year council tax two good reasons!

And the other good reasons???

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It does hit hard. We collect rainwater and use that for cooking. For washing, we wait till it rains then dash to the back patio with soap and shampoo. And we basically collect our own urine in buckets and use that to water the garden. The aubergines are magnificent this year. I think its a great improvement on the waste under labour, and it only costs us 40 quid a month (something about sewers). Happy happy.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I suspect that some on here are paying too much for their water because they have a leak. If you have a meter ,turn off all appliances etc, then go and look at the meter.Twice in 10 years the meter was moving madly. Both times the problem was at the meter. Southern water came and sorted and gave a refund.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
£36.47 a month for 2 adults and a 2 year old living in a two bed flat. Sounds a bit steep to me but i am reluctant to get a meter in case my bills are higher. We don't use lots of water but i just feel like it's better the devil you know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£38 per month by DD (4-bed/3 bathroom house). Two of us here most of the time, often 4 at the weekends and lots of baths/showers (not sure shower saves any water over a bath really, as have a stupidly powerful pump), dishwasher and washing machine used pretty much every day. Metered. No garden watering or car washing. Ever. :)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Zero - We have a private water supply. It is a double edged sword though, was quite nervous through the recent VERY dry spell that we might run out and if there's a problem with the supply pipe, I'm not ringing the helpline, I'm climbing up a mountain with a shovel.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
For two people we are paying £33.00 per month the moment . We had our bath taken out last year so shower only.

One person £40 per month - but then I do have a kidney dialysis machine at home which drinks a lot (I guess it makes up for me not being allowed to drink anything !).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We had a water meter fitted last August. We were paying £20 odd to Sthn Water, and £30 odd to SEWater before that. There are two of us in the house, mainly having showers, but an occasional bath/soak, dishwasher, and just a watering can for use in the garden.
We reduced our payments to £15 to each company last August, and then got an £80 refund in February. Both companies combined in April, so just paying £14 a month in total now. We're awaiting our August bill any day now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
£36.47 a month for 2 adults and a 2 year old living in a two bed flat. Sounds a bit steep to me but i am reluctant to get a meter in case my bills are higher. We don't use lots of water but i just feel like it's better the devil you know.

Having had a water meter fitted, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend getting one. You can read it yourself, so can keep an eye on it.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
£38 a month to Thames Water, having lived in scotland for such a long time i find it ludicrous that you have to pay for water here :shrug:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
About £75/month.

2 long showers plus bath or long shower for the children every day; 2-3 washing machine loads per day; 2 dishwasher loads per day; 5 people drinking water...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
£89.00 a month - yes I have queried it!
Just me and the three wimmin in my life.
Their excuse - they all have long hair and I don't have any.
Also the washing machine is on twice a day - I know don't go there!
Dishwasher once a day although both on fast washes.
They say my house is using twice the amount of water than all the other properties in my road :moo:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
£89.00 a month - yes I have queried it!
Just me and the three wimmin in my life.
Their excuse - they all have long hair and I don't have any.
Also the washing machine is on twice a day - I know don't go there!
Dishwasher once a day although both on fast washes.
They say my house is using twice the amount of water than all the other properties in my road :moo:

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here