Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What kind of fee would Baldock command?
Currently has two years left on this contract.

Maybe £4 - 5m?

We signed him for around £2m in the 2014. Would be nice to double our money on him.

Any fee would have to take into action the overtime rate of Reading's medical staff.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I agree, I'll never forget him being surfed across the top of fans heads on the train, on that infamous day when we achieved promotion last year either.

Been waiting for him to return, to unleash the Day he surfed the train song. To Ocean Color scene - the day we caught the train.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will feel sad to see him go. A bit like Goldson in a way - injuries kept them on the sidelines just at a time when they might have had a chance to show whether they could step up to PL standard or not. IMHO (which I realise counts for f*** all!) I think they'd could both have surprised a few people - but hey ho, that was last season. Time - and the Albion - move on.
If he goes, I'll wish him luck (a bit more than he's had here of late!) and like Goldson, I will follow his progress with interest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wish him well, he is too good to be rotting in our squad with absolutely no chance of playing unless we have a massive striker injury list or suspensions. Poor old Sam would probably get injured himself on the day he got to the call too.

I really enjoyed watching him play and hope he gets proper game time next season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Although I am not fond of Reading, I believe if he moved there it would be a good move for all concerned. I think Super Sam has a lot of goals in him and playing regular football will probably benefit him at this time of his career. Hope he does really well.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Wish him well, he is too good to be rotting in our squad with absolutely no chance of playing unless we have a massive striker injury list or suspensions. Poor old Sam would probably get injured himself on the day he got to the call too.

I really enjoyed watching him play and hope he gets proper game time next season.
i

What he said!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What kind of fee would Baldock command?
Currently has two years left on this contract.

Maybe £4 - 5m?

We signed him for around £2m in the 2014. Would be nice to double our money on him.

Free or minimal. He is not all that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here