Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition for opening up unused property in our city!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Why? House prices are far too high. They need to come down so people can actually afford to get on the housing ladder.

They were high 25 years ago when I just about managed to buy, there are less for sale now from a bigger pool so plenty more have got on the ladder by finding a way to do it (somehow)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This! They choose to be homeless! Insulting is the ****ing word lets all give up our jobs and doss about ffs

Yes! I feel sorry for the poor dogs they have how on earth do they afford to feed themselves and the dog? :stupid:

What a set of brainless idiotic posts. I'm assuming you've never bothered to stop and speak to any of them ? No, thought not. Many homeless people have very deep seated problems that sleeping on the street only increases. Buy them a sandwich and a cup of tea and then have a chat with them .... hear what it's really like. It's shameful that in this day and age that we can spend billions on a few missiles and subs but can't ensure everyone has a roof over their head. A vast majority of us really are only a few pay days from being in the same situation .... I'm glad for you that clearly you think you'll be OK if you lose your job ( assuming you actually have one and a mortgage rather than living with Mummy and Daddy ).

@Return of the Rev ... already signed before you even put it up here.

This! They choose to be homeless! Insulting is the ****ing word lets all give up our jobs and doss about ffs

A high percentage are ex forces who have done the dirty jobs so little plebs like you can sit there in safety abusing people from your bedroom,thanks for posting it highlights what society is up against:dunce:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What a set of brainless idiotic posts. I'm assuming you've never bothered to stop and speak to any of them ? No, thought not. Many homeless people have very deep seated problems that sleeping on the street only increases. Buy them a sandwich and a cup of tea and then have a chat with them .... hear what it's really like. It's shameful that in this day and age that we can spend billions on a few missiles and subs but can't ensure everyone has a roof over their head. A vast majority of us really are only a few pay days from being in the same situation .... I'm glad for you that clearly you think you'll be OK if you lose your job ( assuming you actually have one and a mortgage rather than living with Mummy and Daddy ).

Spot on - good post. I wonder if the demented turd is any less unpleasant when he/she/it is sober, and it isn't late at night.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Done! :thumbsup:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I

The bloke is entitled to his opinion mate whether you agree or not. This again is another one of those issues where opinions are sometimes black and white. And I totally disagree with ideas like this, especially after the recent issues around the local housing dept speaking to people about maybe having to leave the area because of the costs of living in Brighton. Why should families be asked to consider leaving the area when at the same time others are given a green light to live for free just because they are homeless.....How the hell is that right?
And to go with your point about taking time to speak to these people so we have an insight into their lives, my opinion is based on 18 years as a police officer..........actually dealing with homeless people in real situations.....not just trying to be holier than thou by buying the occasional homeless person a drink or a sandwich!
But whilst we may disagree with the idea of the petition, I totally agree with how wrong it is that our government spends millions on unnecessary payments while British citizens are having to live on the streets........But your wrong about spending on defence, it should Foriegn Aid that is stopped and spent on repairing this country,

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

For your info I do have a job, I'm up a 4am to do it have never been unemployed have worked hard for shite money all my life been made redundant couple of times in the eighties if you don't like my opinion fine! Oh and I have a mortgage.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I

The bloke is entitled to his opinion mate whether you agree or not. This again is another one of those issues where opinions are sometimes black and white. And I totally disagree with ideas like this, especially after the recent issues around the local housing dept speaking to people about maybe having to leave the area because of the costs of living in Brighton. Why should families be asked to consider leaving the area when at the same time others are given a green light to live for free just because they are homeless.....How the hell is that right?
And to go with your point about taking time to speak to these people so we have an insight into their lives, my opinion is based on 18 years as a police officer..........actually dealing with homeless people in real situations.....not just trying to be holier than thou by buying the occasional homeless person a drink or a sandwich!
But whilst we may disagree with the idea of the petition, I totally agree with how wrong it is that our government spends millions on unnecessary payments while British citizens are having to live on the streets........But your wrong about spending on defence, it should Foriegn Aid that is stopped and spent on repairing this country,

This!

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River

Spot on...I guess it passed a number of posters by that one of the key charities last year for the seagulls was Off the Fence see http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/charity-partners-autism-sussex-and-off-the-fence-2006450.aspx

I have worked as a volunteer with them and can assure you that the homeless do not chose to be on the streets. Many are highly educated people who for whatever reason have been forced onto the streets, others have addictions and mental issues or both. the key is to work compassionately with them to 1. keep them alive in the winter months, 2. rehouse them, 3. help them seek any help they may need in finding work, seeking housing, eating.... Merry Christmas everyone....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here