Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI - 2nd Round - Honey Badger v Great White Shark

Who's the hardest?

• Honey Badger

Votes: 87 53.0%
  • Great White Shark

Votes: 77 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Actually my preferred competitor would have been a rhino but the poor thing never got a look in.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This is sensational.

The GWS should have little chance against the HB yet its winning. Could we be on the verge of the biggest shock in WHC history?

I doubt the shark has ever got so many votes in any round in any year but here we are. Will the honey Badger fanboys get their act together and see their boy over the line or is he set for one of the limpest defences of the title ever seen?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sensational indeed. Just under ten hours voting remaining and it is literally too close to call. Both competitors will be starting to think about their penalty placement.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How the hell is the GWS even considered hard, hes a flat track bully and when he comes up against an ORCA he is pretty much bloody useless.

The Honeybadger should be winning this hands down, luckily I am not a huge fan, but this could leave the door wide open for the Grasshopper Mouse!

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Don't usually vote on these but couldn't bare seeing the score at 73-73.

This should have been a walk in the park for the Honey Badger!! Shame on you Great White voters :ban:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Concerned that a number of JCLs to NSC might not understand what this tournament is about.

It's NOT who would win in a fight. It's about who is more headmental, hardcore, bristling and constantly on the verge of kicking off.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's about who is more headmental, hardcore, bristling and constantly on the verge of kicking off.

Beautifully put.

The Honey Badger, apparently rested after a good night's kip, has come out swinging this morning.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Honey Badger the frenzied eyes of a nutter, death by chainsaw or golf club.

GWS the dead eyes of a cold hearted assassin, no mess, two in the body one in the head.

Both fine competitors, just one seems so much more cuddly than the other.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Honey Badger the frenzied eyes of a nutter, death by chainsaw or golf club.

GWS the dead eyes of a cold hearted assassin, no mess, two in the body one in the head.

Both fine competitors, just one seems so much more cuddly than the other.

What does the GWS do that is hard?

Does it go into fights constantly knowing the odds are against it and it'll probably DIE, but goes anyway cos it just has an uncontrollable urge for a TEAR UP?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What does the GWS do that is hard?

Does it go into fights constantly knowing the odds are against it and it'll probably DIE, but goes anyway cos it just has an uncontrollable urge for a TEAR UP?

It doesn't need to, because it always wins. It is THAT ****ING HARD.

You cannot tame a great white shark. It will not sit in your lap and let it stroke you. It will try and tear metal cages apart to get to you and eat you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow difficult one. Mental badger who will take on anything despite it's size....or a mackerel with teeth who will just eat stuff who aren't strong enough to defend themselves.

Quite the conundrum

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It doesn't need to, because it always wins. It is THAT ****ING HARD.

You cannot tame a great white shark. It will not sit in your lap and let it stroke you. It will try and tear metal cages apart to get to you and eat you.

So....doesn't actually do anything hard. Cool, noted. Human always wins as it has Nuclear Weapons. Therefore Humans are the hardest by that (very boring) logic.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
So....doesn't actually do anything hard. Cool, noted. Human always wins as it has Nuclear Weapons. Therefore Humans are the hardest by that (very boring) logic.

You are clearly conflating 'hard-for-its-size' with absolute hardness. This is the 'World's Hardest Creature' competition. There is no handicap here, no weight added to their saddle, no head-start to the little ones.

By your (exceptionally boring) logic, a large animal cannot possibly be hard because it doesn't have anything bigger to be harder than. The honey badger is a worthy competitor. But it simply cannot strike fear into its enemies in the way a Great White can. And for that reason, I'm out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry, but the Great White is a pussy! The Badger routinely takes on bigger prey. The shark does not. He's just a bully.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Even in its 11th edition The Great WHC Debate rumbles on. What exactly is hard? Kalimantan Gull adopts the purist’s stance. It’s possibly best summed up by Ash in Alien...

“You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility... I admire its purity. A survivor...unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.“

The alternative view supports the animal kingdom’s equivalents of Francis Begbie, looking for any opportunity to drop everything and wade into a square go.

There’s equal validity in both. It’s why WHC continues to excite such discussion year after year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You are clearly conflating 'hard-for-its-size' with absolute hardness. This is the 'World's Hardest Creature' competition. There is no handicap here, no weight added to their saddle, no head-start to the little ones.

By your (exceptionally boring) logic, a large animal cannot possibly be hard because it doesn't have anything bigger to be harder than. The honey badger is a worthy competitor. But it simply cannot strike fear into its enemies in the way a Great White can. And for that reason, I'm out.

The WHC for me is all about personality. If it was just who is biggest, strongest etc, it would be a pretty dull competition, no? It's all about giving a narrative to these critters.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
The WHC for me is all about personality. If it was just who is biggest, strongest etc, it would be a pretty dull competition, no? It's all about giving a narrative to these critters.

:thumbsup:

of course, I agree. And as a zoologist (did I mention....) I love this exploration of the animal world. And I warm to the honey badger and the wolverine, and giant snapping turtles and asian giant hornets. But I don't like the dismissal of the great white shark or the grizzly bear, two mammoths of the hard animal world and will defend their honour to the bitter end (end of round 2 looking like)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here