Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] What pub is this?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK I accept the verdict. The view is of the far right of the pub. From what I can find all the crap in the photo was there in the 60s, then demolished, then replaced by the modern black peaked roof thing it appears to have now.

View attachment Presentation1.pdf

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Asking for a friend. No - honestly.

All he knows is that it’s somewhere in Sussex - early 80s

Thank you. View attachment 92073

I think the initial post was probably made in all innocence - I know who i blame :rant::censored::angry::rant::censored::angry:

When I first saw it I thought it was probably the Black Wabbit, so I looked on street view. I remembered I had this photo sorry it took me so long to look it out. :lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was actually there on Saturday and was absolutely 100% convinced it wasn't it. I even showed my friend this forum thread and we both agreed it couldn't be the same pub!
20180113_132339.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Mixed emotions here. Happy that riddle has been solved and we can all stop hunting google in our spare time for old pub photos. Really disappointed that after all that effort, it is the Black Rabbit at Arundel, a pub I have been to loads of times like many on here and not some pub in a remote Sussex village that at least we could say "never heard of it".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was actually there on Saturday and was absolutely 100% convinced it wasn't it. I even showed my friend this forum thread and we both agreed it couldn't be the same pub!
View attachment 93216

It looks like the pub frontage as is has been almost restored to what it looked like 100 years ago, but at some point in the past (assume 70s/80s) it looked different.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The bit to the right of the main building has been rebuilt, which is the bit which was in the photo of the mystery pub.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don;t know about anyone else, but I'm AGAINST closing the thread. I want another round of "Guess the Boozer".

Anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here