Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridgewell first impression.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
I thought he was ok for the purpose we have signed him for, short term cover. He is slightly more solid than Calderón but inferior going forwards IMHO. ..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
[MENTION=659]fleet[/MENTION] Yes was there as well, but IMO that was the only time Caldy was really exposed, and he wasn't helped by the fact Murphy spent the majority of the game watching and not tracking back.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Seen him play all the games so far and he's been pretty poor throughout. Yesterday he was a real liability and at fault for their goal although not in such calamitous style as Rotherham. The sooner we can get Bong back the better and we can ship Ridgewell back to the MLS.

Quite agree with you, in my opinion he is the type of player who is just doing enough to keep out of trouble, so that he returns to his parent club fit and ready to go, and we have seen enough of that with many of the previous loans that we have had. The days of the Paul Dikov ( spelling ) type of loanee are long gone.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
On that showing,and the first time i have seen him play. He just not a full back,he had a poor game throughout It was as a central defender he made his career ,and i reckon we will sign him at some stage ,next season if we don t go up,as Dunks replacement.

theboybilly

And started the move which led to Rotherham's second.

Actually I think the 2nd Rotherham goal was down to a poor decision by Stephens in that he let a ball roll out of play for a throw when he could just as easily taken possession himself in acres of space when we were chasing an equaliser. I just had a feeling we were going to regret that and seconds later...........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His performance vs Huddersfield reminded me of last season's loan signing who couldn't give a sh1t. Bong and Rosenior would have cut out the cross that led to their equaliser, Ridgewell ambled over. I thought he was disappointing.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
For me , and i may be doing him an injustice,but i thought he was off the pace . Certainly no better than Calde has been , but will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt for later games .

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I thought he was ok. I've only seen him against Huddersfield though.

He was at fault(ish) for the goal as his positioning wasn't great, although it was a nice pass that picked out their right back (decent player), who he failed to close down.

Just shows that this "we need a left footed player at left back and everything will be dandy" stuff is nonsense.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
He didn't have a great game, and could certainly have done a better job of preventing the cross for their goal.

Whilst Murphy didn't exactly have a stormer either, I feel that Ridgewell's presence afforded him more freedom to attack.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought he was ok. I've only seen him against Huddersfield though.

He was at fault(ish) for the goal as his positioning wasn't great, although it was a nice pass that picked out their right back (decent player), who he failed to close down.

Just shows that this "we need a left footed player at left back and everything will be dandy" stuff is nonsense.

It is not just being left footed which is the problem we need a player who is a left back not a CB or right back who has played their occassionally, that is the crux of the matter. Ridgewell showed he is naturally a CB, probably quite good with his vast experience, but it is not the same as having an orthodox left back.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
If he keeps playing poorly, and we keep winning, I will be happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here