Lancing
Ryan 7 couple of really good saves settling in nicely
Bruno 6 under a bit of pressure today not something very oftern witnessed
Dunk 7 couple of great last moment tackles
Duffy 7 always prepared to put his body on the line
Bong 6 difficult for him and Jose in front of him to develop a partnership
Stephens 6 not his best game
Propper 7 looking the part
Izquierdo 6 needs game time might have been better to start him at home against lesser opposition, silly tackle for the first goal
March 8 looking totaly PL ready great shot against the post and goal line clearance my MOM
Gross 7 to be honest I think he looked out of position
Brown 7 looked very good first quarter of the game took a kick to the ankle I think and did not see much of him after that
Subs: not on long enough to rate but Murrys header is worth a passing mention

The whole team played well they just need to believe a bit more in there own ability.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 9

Bruno 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 6

Stephens 6
Propper 6
March 7
Izquerdo 6

Gross 6

Brown 7

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ryan - 8 - Excellent performance, stunning save from Ramsey, looks so assured and just fills me with confidence now. If he could just cut out those frustrating kicks out of play!

Bruno - 7 - Decent;
Dunk - 8 - Superb as per;
Duffy - 7 - Solid;
Bong - 6 - Ok;

Stephens - 6 - Ok;
Propper - 8 - Getting better game by game and looking like a superb signing;
Gros - 6 - Worked hard as per, looked a little ponderous on the ball at times though;

March - 7 - Quality when he had the ball but didn't get it enough;
Jose - 6 - Worked hard, couple of poor final balls though;
Brown - 5 - Tried but never really in the game and struggled to hold the ball up. Clearly not a striker;

Schellotto - 6 - Really gets up and down the line!;
Knockaert - 7 - Thought he looked really sharp when on, we missed him starting;
Murray - 7 - Made a difference to us having a proper striker on who could hold it up and win headers. Looked good and fitter than he did at Leicester.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Dunk was superb. March was very good as well. Murray very unlucky with his header, from where I was sitting I thought it was going in. Just need a bit more belief going forward, not a lot just a little more belief

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Watched on BT Sport, had a different view, but realised just how deep we defend. Allowed Arsenal to within 30m unchallenged time and time again. Yes we had a six man defence, but when we get the ball where do we go. I sometimes feel the team tactics/gameplan undervalues our players ability.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Couldn't disagree more, positionally he was excellent. Worked well with March, thought he played really well.

Well, you would have been in a minority of one amongst the dozen or so around me in row 4. He dribbled the ball out of play under no pressure once in first half and got away with it, and made several exceptionally bad passes. Yes, he did some good stuff, but at this level you have to do that AND be mistake free.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 7
Bruno 5
Bong 5
Dunk 8
Duffy 6
Propper 6
Stephens 4
Isquierdo 5
March 6
Brown 6
Gross 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, you would have been in a minority of one amongst the dozen or so around me in row 4. He dribbled the ball out of play under no pressure once in first half and got away with it, and made several exceptionally bad passes. Yes, he did some good stuff, but at this level you have to do that AND be mistake free.

Row 25 had a vastly different opinion. Interesting you gave Knockaert a 7, who was on the pitch 15 mins......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Ryan 7
bruno 6.5
duffy7
dunk7
bong 7
march 8
Dale 6
Propper6
izquierdo5
gross6
Brown 5
I thought bong did very well as he has nt played for sometime looked confident on the ball too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Does he get penalised for being a sub? Gave him 7 for effort, but perhaps generous. What would you give him?

I gave him 6 average, did nothing exceptional.

He is exciting on the ball, but didn't go round anyone and is beginning to look a shadow of himself since Watford......

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
feckin ell , lot of drink induced ratings on 'ere , innit ?
KNockheart 7,
Stephens 4
Brown3 ,
all had at least a 5 , maybe a 6 , max

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can understand a 7 if he came on and changed the game as per IBE at AFCB but not for what he did which although adequate was no great shakes and a game changer.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I gave him 6 average, did nothing exceptional.

He is exciting on the ball, but didn't go round anyone and is beginning to look a shadow of himself since Watford......

So one below mine, don’t think we are miles apart....agree that AK has not stepped up. Worrying that same thing happened at Leicester -does he have a peak at Championship level, or just on a not so good run of form?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ryan - 8. Getting better.
Bruno - 5. Very poor passing at his best when knockaert is infront of him and is like to see the new lad start here, he slows down tempo by turning backwards a lot and not putting in early crosses
Dunk - 7.5, first half a couple of dodgy passes otherwise higher
Duffy - 7, solid
Bong- 6 very good in first half, drifted out second
March - 7.5, looked threatening
propper - 7, some good clever forward passes
Gross - 5.5 not good today, was good in the last ten minutes
Stephens - 6.5, some good moments, too similar to propper
izquierdo - 6, good first half, faded second
Brown - 5.5, limited service be good to see him in gross position

Subs

Murray - 6.5, more of a presence and almost scored
Knockaert - 6.5, caused them problems
Schelletto - 6, didn't get much chance

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I only heard reports during the first half on Radio 5, but the impression given (mostly by David Pleat - so not necessarily a reliable source) was that we were set up to only defend, we were defending way too deep with everyone behind the ball and inviting Arsenal to attack (the goals were an inevitable result of this), we had little or no threat up front, and no attacking intent - in short we looked slow, naive, overawed and gave them way too much respect.

Is that a fair summary of how we played,or it is complete twaddle?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I only heard reports during the first half on Radio 5, but the impression given (mostly by David Pleat - so not necessarily a reliable source) was that we were set up to only defend, we were defending way too deep with everyone behind the ball and inviting Arsenal to attack (the goals were an inevitable result of this), we had little or no threat up front, and no attacking intent - in short we looked slow, naive, overawed and gave them way too much respect.

Is that a fair summary of how we played,or it is complete twaddle?

A fair summary I think and wouldnt argue with any of it. As I said on another thread we should have been defending a further 10 yds up the field at least,

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So one below mine, don’t think we are miles apart....agree that AK has not stepped up. Worrying that same thing happened at Leicester -does he have a peak at Championship level, or just on a not so good run of form?

I think it's the latter. The pre-season injury was such a shame.

I rated him 2 less than Bruno [emoji6][emoji2]

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A fair summary I think and wouldnt argue with any of it. As I said on another thread we should have been defending a further 10 yds up the field at least,

So with no recognised striker , you wanted us to take lacazette, Sanchez and the rest on at their own game?
Is this what they call fishing ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here