Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
If going off way too fast for the first 1k and then hanging in there for 4k suits your running style, then I'm the pacer for you!

Happy to help.

Did I miss a start date being announced for lancing pr?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Hope this goes ahead. It's a bit confusing (and I'm probably going to add to it) because there's already an organised 5K weekly run at Lancing on Sundays. This isn't run under the auspices of parkrun but looks something similar - i.e. a volunteer based, free local run but takes place within a national framework (Great Local Run). It looks very low-key and very worthy.. Maybe the parkrun will use the same route.

http://www.greatrunlocal.org/events/south/lancing-(sussex)/lancing-5k

That's interesting. I suppose it at least shows a 5k is workable. That Great Run Local event only gets 7-9 runners each week. So it won't be a great loss (presuming parkrun can get over 100 or so runners).

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If going off way too fast for the first 1k and then hanging in there for 4k suits your running style, then I'm the pacer for you!

Happy to help.

Did I miss a start date being announced for lancing pr?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Maybe I should pace you.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
11 miles today with a loop from Patcham up mill hill into hangleton and portslade before hitting the seafront and heading towards Brighton and home.

Pretty heavy legged today and hamstrings felt worst for some time.

My Garmin does me no favours had to run a 6:50 final mile to average 7:30 so pushed myself to a 6:44 but it's utterly ridiculous that I risk injury for little gain with these runs!

Sports massage and foam roller now.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
11 miles today with a loop from Patcham up mill hill into hangleton and portslade before hitting the seafront and heading towards Brighton and home.

Pretty heavy legged today and hamstrings felt worst for some time.

My Garmin does me no favours had to run a 6:50 final mile to average 7:30 so pushed myself to a 6:44 but it's utterly ridiculous that I risk injury for little gain with these runs!

Sports massage and foam roller now.

Advantage of a Garmin. 4 miles slog up hill for me at 11-12 minutes per mile pace. 4 miles downhill home with a mindset to make average pace 10 minute miles. Need 8-8:30 to get it. Legs knackered from the uphill but over 10 minute miles average is not on. You have to keep going. I got 9:59 average pace at the end and won. Never found running downhill so difficult.

As an aside I think you need to run off pace in training to help those poor hamstrings. 7:45 to 8:00 maybe.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
London marathon ballot result magazines have started dropping through letterboxes this morning...

I live a 10 minute drive from work, tempted to drive home during my lunch break to see if mine has turned up. Bit obsessive as I should be able to wait until i get in this evening but...

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Supposedly if you logon to https://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com you can work out whether you got in (or not). If you're in then your bib number would be shown in the ballot entry details, just under the line with 'Ballot: Virgin Money London Marathon 2018' and above the Downloads section.

Based upon this, I'm not in.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Supposedly if you logon to https://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com you can work out whether you got in (or not). If you're in then your bib number would be shown in the ballot entry details, just under the line with 'Ballot: Virgin Money London Marathon 2018' and above the Downloads section.

Thanks for the link. Hope it is wrong, as it doesn't give any details of bib numbers for me either.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Morning all. I am one of the lucky ones to get my YES your IN magazine in the post yesterday for the VLM!
YipPPPPpEEeeeeeEEEE. Now to the reality of preparing to do brighton on the 15/4 and London 22/4. EeeeKKKkkkkkkKKkkkkkkkk.
Made me chuckle yesterday to see that the lad on the front of the YES magazine got his rejection one :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think all the bib numbers were taken down yesterday as they were getting bombarded with people asking whether it was true or not...................

Based on past experience the mags can take up to 7-10 days from when the first ones starts hitting doormats. It's about a 20/1 chance of success through normal ballot (c20,000 places, 400,000 applications) apparently.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Think all the bib numbers were taken down yesterday as they were getting bombarded with people asking whether it was true or not...................

Based on past experience the mags can take up to 7-10 days from when the first ones starts hitting doormats. It's about a 20/1 chance of success through normal ballot (c20,000 places, 400,000 applications) apparently.

Congratulations to [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] for getting NSC ballot place this year then!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Based on this, I've got entry into the London Ride 100.
I doubt that I've done 100 miles on my bike this year!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here