Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to the NSC LICKERS (& Hyypia) in the Herald this week

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does Harty have an "agenda"? He says not. But I'd like to know why he chose to start a debate the other day about whether or not Tony Bloom was thinking about selling the Club.
Hmmm - I remember the thread. I was taken to task by one of the mods - I pointed out that Harty was actually quoting a rumour that someone else had passed to him, not starting one himself (for which I was roundly told off) but I went on to say that it would have been better if he'd just said / thought, 'Yeh right!' about the rumour (like I think most of us did) and moved on, probably without posting it on here (that bit was ignored by the mod who chastised me!)

Don't know if that constitutes an agenda though - does it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hmmm - I remember the thread. I was taken to task by one of the mods - I pointed out that Harty was actually quoting a rumour that someone else had passed to him, not starting one himself (for which I was roundly told off) but I went on to say that it would have been better if he'd just said / thought, 'Yeh right!' about the rumour (like I think most of us did) and moved on, probably without posting it on here (that bit was ignored by the mod who chastised me!)

Don't know if that constitutes an agenda though - does it?

How do you know it was a rumour ?

In fairness he only said it was thus the reason for an agenda

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes, he said it, and I believed him - I had no reason not to. Do you have a reason for calling him a liar (other than just an opinion)?

I wouldn't call him a liar, mis-guided more in my view and should not go on NSC after a serious drinking session.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You're just too good for us. Denial is futile.

2nh0rae.jpg

Sorry, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]. They're on to us. Start the spaceship.

:bowdown:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
People shouldn't go on NSC after a drinking session? Wow - that really would be an agenda!

Maybe he was referring to people who then have cause to regret things they've said...I don't think it's the first time ....ps I wouldn't call u a JCL (hate that term) as u mentioned in an earlier post

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Worthing Herald newsroom, last night:

expand-news.jpg

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Harty has become a sad figure seemingly bent on undermining the board and criticising the manager and players at every opportunity. He hides behind his past actions in helping save our club, for which we owe him a great debt however that does not give him the right to snipe at the club at every opportunity.

He's not the only saviour that description accurately sums up! A real shame.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
In fairness we as regular NSC users aren't in the know about those in the higher echelons of management here and those with several thousand posts included, and their issues with each other and with people from years and years ago. It's always been the case that different rules apply for these chaps on here and I have gave up pointing it out due to like you 49er, either being roundly told off or ignored.

But please, when I and my girlfriend have a spat we don't dish it out on here, so save your long standing spats for the real world and crack on with talking about football.

onepostwonder

Nov 8, 2014
Harty has done more for this club than those who spend much of their lives posting 10k+ posts on a football forum.

The insults towards him on this thread are disgusting.

Obviously from those not around in the early 90's.

Regardless, he has only implied something, and something that does carry weight.

I wouldn't be suprised if Bozza had a meeting with the club around the time Poyet left / Poogate - and became a part of the clubs marketing and PR.

Barber would 100% seek to reign in the club's "unofficial forum" that holds thousands of members, including thousands of season ticket holders. This forum is "the media" for shaping fans opinions, a prize asset for the club's marketing needs.

Giraffe has admitted there are many emails between the club and this forum.

Whenever there's information about inner workings or events inside the club that doesn't paint the club in a positive light, the board goes down, posts are removed, and/or people are banned. A message of libel/fear/paranoia/ blah blah is given as the reason.......but it's fair game on here when politicians or famous people are torn to shreds, theorised, and put in a negative light.

Whenever posts generally go against the board's decisions or strategy, a moderator or two seem to steam into the post and protect the clubs image.

Harty is bang on the money for me, but without proof, those addicted to NSC will defend where they spend much of their life, but if they knew they spent much of their life on a club PR tool, well, i'm sure it would create the ultimate binfest of binfests.

Just look how much venom has been spat trying to defend a softly implied accusation?

On this very thread, Bozza should clearly state all his meetings where Barber has been present, why they occured, and what was said.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Harty has done more for this club than those who spend much of their lives posting 10k+ posts on a football forum.

The insults towards him on this thread are disgusting.

Obviously from those not around in the early 90's.

Regardless, he has only implied something, and something that does carry weight.

I wouldn't be suprised if Bozza had a meeting with the club around the time Poyet left / Poogate - and became a part of the clubs marketing and PR.

Barber would 100% seek to reign in the club's "unofficial forum" that holds thousands of members, including thousands of season ticket holders. This forum is "the media" for shaping fans opinions, a prize asset for the club's marketing needs.

Giraffe has admitted there are many emails between the club and this forum.

Whenever there's information about inner workings or events inside the club that doesn't paint the club in a positive light, the board goes down, posts are removed, and/or people are banned. A message of libel/fear/paranoia/ blah blah is given as the reason.......but it's fair game on here when politicians or famous people are torn to shreds, theorised, and put in a negative light.

Whenever posts generally go against the board's decisions or strategy, a moderator or two seem to steam into the post and protect the clubs image.

Harty is bang on the money for me, but without proof, those addicted to NSC will defend where they spend much of their life, but if they knew they spent much of their life on a club PR tool, well, i'm sure it would create the ultimate binfest of binfests.

Just look how much venom has been spat trying to defend a softly implied accusation?

On this very thread, Bozza should clearly state all his meetings where Barber has been present, why they occured, and what was said.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can't believe I sold all my Pringles to Notters.:rant:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Happy to.

Paul Barber and I have met once. It occurred because I was taking the NSC moderators out for dinner - something we try to do twice a season - and I invited him along. It was on March 22nd, immediately following the Ipswich home game. As it turned out, it was his birthday and he was going out for dinner with his family but he still saw fit to give us an hour of his time after the formalities at the Amex had been wrapped up.

We met at Alfresco on Brighton sea front. I think he had a bottled beer - possibly a Peroni - and listened to various points of interest and tales of woe from the assembled moderating team from this fine website, which included [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION], [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION], [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] and @roz.

I'm glad I have finally had the courage to air the intimate details of my close relationship with the current Albion Chief Executive. I can't begin to imagine what you think of me now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here