Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next forward

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
People want BZ purely for nostalgia nd expectation of repeating his previous spell with us not based on his current ability.

Surely no-one is stupid or naïve enough to expect BZ to repeat his previous spell with us??

Those that would like to see him back know what his current capabilities are. Ignoring for a moment, questions over his fitness and his advancing years, he is now a different type of player to the one that left us. He is not an out-and-out striker but is more involved in hold-up and link play.

Personally, based on what I saw of him last season playing in the Premier League, I think he would be an asset to the team and that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he played for us before. If, however, we get can someone younger who can fulfil the same role as well as, or better than BZ, then that's the way to go.

As someone else has already suggested, I also wouldn't ignore the possibility of BZ having a beneficial 'elder statesman' role around the other players and on the training ground.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely no-one is stupid or naïve enough to expect BZ to repeat his previous spell with us??

Those that would like to see him back know what his current capabilities are. Ignoring for a moment, questions over his fitness and his advancing years, he is now a different type of player to the one that left us. He is not an out-and-out striker but is more involved in hold-up and link play.

Personally, based on what I saw of him last season playing in the Premier League, I think he would be an asset to the team and that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he played for us before. If, however, we get can someone younger who can fulfil the same role as well as, or better than BZ, then that's the way to go.

As someone else has already suggested, I also wouldn't ignore the possibility of BZ having a beneficial 'elder statesman' role around the other players and on the training ground.

Well said... couldn't agree more.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton

Didn't think sensible posts were allowed on here, watch out, you might get banned... :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maynard? Hahahahahahahahahahaha *breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *bre-passes out*

I had to laugh when he declared that Zamora's ship had sailed, then volunteered Nicky "four league goals since 2011" Maynard as an alternative :lolol:

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Amazed by how many on here seem to think we are signing the zamora we sold. I guess you are all aware he is in his mid thirties and can't play a full 90 mins? Time to move on chaps. We need to spend the money on a youngster if a loan for the season.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Wilczek (pron. Veel-check) said on number of occasions that he would love to play in England, and that he is best suited for the fast, dynamic playing style of English football. He was tested by Bolton Wanderers in January (he had 9 goals in Polish top division back then) and was very dissappointed when his hopes of moving to Championship failed. As you said, worth a look (still out of contract and looking for a club, so his wages expectations wouldn't be exorbitant).

Sounds very promising, but also assume he'll be on the radar for a number of sides if he's without a club right now.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Sounds very promising, but also assume he'll be on the radar for a number of sides if he's without a club right now.

He is currently training with his former club Piast Gliwice, and is desperate to leave Poland (at 27 he knows that it might be his last chance to leave for a stronger league). It would be a perfect moment to approach him now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Akpom please

I assume Sammy Ameobi will still be in the running as a loan too..

Last edited:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
email paul winstanley at the club

OK, I've just sent this...

Dear Sir,

I am a Seagulls' fan from Poland and I should like to bring to your attention the fact that Kamil Wilczek, Polish Ekstraklasa top goalscorer (20 goals in 2014/2015 season), is currently out of contract and available on free transfer.

*youtube link*

*wikipedia link*

Wilczek's playing style, fast and dynamic, is pefectly suited for English football, and the player stated on several occasions that he would love to play in England. As the player has not found a new club yet, and is resolute to try his strength in a stronger league than Polish top division, it would seem to be a perfect moment to approach him. I really do believe that Kamil would be a very useful addition to Albion's squad.
I should like to take this opportunity to wish you and the club all the best in the coming season.

Please accept, Sir, the sentiments of my deepest respect

I used the supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk e-mail--hopefully the head of recruitement will read the message.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
OK, I've just sent this...

I used the supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk e-mail--hopefully the head of recruitement will read the message.

well done!

I hoped someone on here might have a direct email for him - I am afraid I don't. You could try paul barber - plenty seem to have his email and you will get a 2 page response for sure. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Would be great. I think I am right that he got one, maybe 2 goals, when Giggs took over after Moyes for those last few games

James Wilson is good, think Man Utd's intention at the moment is for a season long loan him to a lower level prem club with Everton having been mooted as the desired destination. Can't see anything happening though until Man Utd have finished their pre-season American expedition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here