Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terry Tribe

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Terry Tribe

An old primary school friend of mine who was a life long Albion Fan who many on here will have known sadly passed away last night. He was the manager of the bookies in Worthing in South Farm Rd who allowed TB against the law and still at school, to bet in his shop and protected him from the bullies who picked on him and this was never forgotten by TB, RIP my old mate

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
RIP Terry. Ran our Clifton coaches back in the day.
TRIBES TRAVEL it was known as.
Good guy and last saw him at Nigel Bushfires Party at the G & D in Tarring.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
What a shame, great guy, lovable rogue who you couldn't help but like.Great Albion fan and a great family man, will be missed. RIP Terry.

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Terry. Didn't really know him personally but my Dad knew him from the bookies around Worthing and had a few stories about him as did a couple of mates who worked for him over the years.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Very sad news, a lovely bloke.
Rest in peace, Terry, from me and Mrs LLF.

All my sympathy to his family.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I also heard that Bruno went round to visit him last week - spent quite a bit of time with him. Someone made contact with the club - a very nice gesture.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP Terry , last saw him at Nigel Erskine's 60th . Remember him so well , great supporter and character .

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Only knew him to say hello to but he was a great character. RIP.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Terry was a top bloke...Albion through and through...Spent many an away day chatting to him...Will be missed but not forgotten...

RIP Terry - A legend!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Terry Tribe

An old primary school friend of mine who was a life long Albion Fan who many on here will have known sadly passed away last night. He was the manager of the bookies in Worthing in South Farm Rd who allowed TB against the law and still at school, to bet in his shop and protected him from the bullies who picked on him and this was never forgotten by TB, RIP my old mate
I am really sorry to hear that your good friend, and obviously from the rest of the thread, a friend of the Albion, has passed away.

R.I.P Terry.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
Terry Tribe

Thanks for posting that BG, TT was one of the nicest guys I knew, last time I saw him was big Nicks funeral. Please post funeral info when known, I will def make the effort to get there.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Even though you knew it was coming it's still sad news. Through family as a child and as an adult myself have known Terry for nearly 60 years. A great bloke and a genuine character, will be missed by all who knew him. R.I.P.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When he ran the coaches he often gave everyone a four pack as they got on - this was back in the day.
As a young lad in the 70’s trying to gel with the older Clifton boys Terry made it easy for you.

All the lads on those coaches had massive respect for him.
He used to be up and down the aisles taking bets and ‘having a word’ with some of the ‘less well behaved’ chaps.

Loved the Albion.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
RIP another one of the old school passes away the guys that followed The Albion all over the country when in the third / second division.
I am enjoying the premiership but we had some great times in the old days.
God bless

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Only just found this thread. Terry was also chairman at Southwick fc in the eighties. They were a force to be reckoned with in the Isthmian league in those days .
Remember him at the club and on the away coaches with a pile of bets to settle and he usually took our money playing spoof. Good times to look back on in this increasingly bland sterile world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here