Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One thing about NSC

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The swear filter allows us to use piss flaps.

I think you mean TYPE piss flaps - unless of course you're female in which case you can do both but the swear filter has no affect on using them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe a Man City fan said it best:-

You lot will write about anything except football.

Lush

Mods' Pet
NSC played a big part in saving the club from its early incarnations as a kind of 'group chat' for interested parties, including organising events like National Falmer Day when NSC members volunteered to go to other matches around the UK one Saturday when we didn't have a game, to collect signatures and spread the word.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It's the go-to resource for everything. If I want to know what the roads are like before setting off on a journey, I'll check NSC rather than the AA website, because if there's a hold-up between Lancing and Worthing, NSC will tell me exactly where, how long it's been going on, alternative routes, whose fault it is and whether the underlying cause is Corbyn, Brexit, Palace or whatever.

Not living around Sussex i would say that i would love a kind of NSC substitute for my area. Though, clearly, i'd stay on here for BHA info.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The fact that the most commented thread today is "What parts of the Supermarket Do you Never visit ? " is as good a way of summing up NSC as anything.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely. NSC is very much about Albion fans and what affects them - regular and recent NSC threads devoted to depression, debt, diets/running, drinking, and divorce for example are some of the most useful and supportive things i've ever bumped into online. Rather than necessarily a forum about football or Brighton and Hove Albion...

Yep. Barber is in it. :)

I think that's the nub. This is NOT a forum about Brighton and Hove Albion, or even football in general - it's a forum for people, most of whom just happen to be Brighton fans. It's the sheer scope of the topics, and the breadth of knowledge and experience, that makes NSC what it is.

That and the binfests of course.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On a serious note it played a huge part in saving the Albion. And the REMF.

On a less serious note: The annual Worlds Hardest Creature. 11 years of arguments over which beast is hypothetically pound for pound harder.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We are generous to good causes .

This as well, on top of REMF I wonder how much money NSC has raised to help fans of other football clubs, like the Everton kids who lost their Dad and the Palace girl for her op in USA.

And of course the 8 year life of the NSC greyhound syndicate

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
NSC played a big part in saving the club from its early incarnations as a kind of 'group chat' for interested parties, including organising events like National Falmer Day when NSC members volunteered to go to other matches around the UK one Saturday when we didn't have a game, to collect signatures and spread the word.

John Prescott commented on our original ideas for the campaigns such as flowers sent the HoC from the other 92 clubs, and the Valentines Day card delivered to his constituency office in Hull.
The Falmer for All committee did all the nitty gritty work, but some great ideas, petitions signing, letter and postcard writing was all done through Nsc.

Then once the public enquiries started, the painstaking interpretations of the days in the town halls, were translated by Ed (Lord Bracknell) on Nsc.
Once permission had been granted Jack Straw's fantastic photos from Stanmer Park of the construction of the stadium, finally being allowed in to photograph it from inside.

Never have I got so excited about a section of arch, on the back of a lorry, journeying down the A23( thanks Publicus aka Dave the Gaffer).

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
John Prescott commented on our original ideas for the campaigns such as flowers sent the HoC from the other 92 clubs, and the Valentines Day card delivered to his constituency office in Hull.
The Falmer for All committee did all the nitty gritty work, but some great ideas, petitions signing, letter and postcard writing was all done through Nsc.

Then once the public enquiries started, the painstaking interpretations of the days in the town halls, were translated by Ed (Lord Bracknell) on Nsc.
Once permission had been granted Jack Straw's fantastic photos from Stanmer Park of the construction of the stadium, finally being allowed in to photograph it from inside.

Never have I got so excited about a section of arch, on the back of a lorry, journeying down the A23( thanks Publicus aka Dave the Gaffer).

Seems like only yesterday!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/16468945717/in/album-72157651087142822/lightbox/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is the *one* thing (poster, anecdote, thread, moment, tradition) that if you read it, you'd be amazed that i left out or didn't mention ?
Mmm, difficult to pick something out that doesn't seem cringe worthy when put to paper.
It's lots of little things that make it what it is. Mentioning a tradition like 'were loose' just seems dull when isolated and mentioned as if it's a breakthrough in comedy.

NSC is extremes, both forgiving and unforgiving, varying from mild bullying over meaningless differences of opinion to understanding and supporting serious life issues.

Good luck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's helped me with my spelling. :lol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
On a very less serious note: London Pompous, shame he doesn't post anymore, I have cried with laughter at the tales of his chums proper nawty antics...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The cycling geeks thread got a tweet mention by cycling's governing body, the Union Cycliste Internationale, in Lucerne . :ohmy:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here