Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
It's probably organized as part of the election campaign so, as you say, best disregarded as a source. However the Tories do have a lot of explaining to do on police numbers. As a party of 'law and order' they don't seem to be doing a great job in protecting us.

I'd like to see the whole video, rather than the 2 minute clip, becuase yeah.. I don't trust accounts like this for taking things out of context.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've just watched a video of a hate preacher being housed 5 doors from a primary school in Northampton, our government is inept

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's probably organized as part of the election campaign so, as you say, best disregarded as a source. However the Tories do have a lot of explaining to do on police numbers. As a party of 'law and order' they don't seem to be doing a great job in protecting us.

Hasn't it always been thus? I'm 43 and for as long as I can remember the Tories have always been considered the party of law and order, and they frequently claim this, yet there always seems to be more crime under their watch.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Ahh, the wisdom of elders.
My 76 yr old mother-in-law is currently spewing racist shit at the underpaid care workers in her home and planning to leave her entire estate to her cat.
Bless.

It wouldn't be a Siamese cat, then?:lolol:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's because of people thinking that the sun is a reliable news source that the Tories aren't down to about 30%.

Are you saying corbyn never said it then. If it had been in the guardian (which it would never be) would that be credible enough for you. He actually said it and it doesn't matter if it's in the sun, independent, mail or whatever.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ahh, the wisdom of elders.
My 76 yr old mother-in-law is currently spewing racist shit at the underpaid care workers in her home and planning to leave her entire estate to her cat.
Bless.

Even though she is you mother in law, perhaps you need to be a little bit more understanding of her position and her condition.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All these facts, proof and evidence and yet people will still vote tory, and it's everyone else that's the idiots? Mind blowing

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm a little bit stunned by this all. The first poll in this thread had a clear Tory lead, it's now showing Labour with a 20%+ lead. The far more important opinion polls have also shown a distinct narrowing of the Tories lead. Has there been a worse electoral campaign from a sitting government? What is Lynton Crosby up to?
Lynton Crosby was in charge of the digraceful and entirely counter-productive London mayoral campaign wasn't he?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Again pure conjecture on your part, but at least the "either or" is better than "pure and simple" when you could not be in a position to make such a definitive statement. I don't know about our level of preparedness -or otherwise - and, be honest, nor do you.

I've got a suspicion that you can prepare better for Brexit negotiations if you don't have to spend 51 of the preceding 62 days calling for, then fighting, a General Election.

It's the sort of decision someone intent on "winging it" would make, like a student who can't be arsed to revise for an exam they aren't that fussed about.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Are you saying corbyn never said it then. If it had been in the guardian (which it would never be) would that be credible enough for you. He actually said it and it doesn't matter if it's in the sun, independent, mail or whatever.

Well. He did say that people shouldn't be prosecuted for showing support for ISIS. So, on the face of it, obviously that can be swung to be very bad which Murdoch is obviously going to do. However, I think the important part of the quote is:

I have no support for ISIS whatsoever, and obviously that should apply to someone who has committed crimes, but we should bear in mind that expressing a political point of view is not in itself an offence. The commission of a criminal act is clearly a different matter, but expressing a point of view, even an unpalatable one, is sometimes quite important in a democracy.

So, he is saying that anyone who commits a crime should be tried BUT they shouldn't be tried for expressing a political opinion, no matter how unpopular it is. If we get to the stage where people are being prosecuted for their political beliefs, then we are entering a very scary time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've got a suspicion that you can prepare better for Brexit negotiations if you don't have to spend 51 of the preceding 62 days calling for, then fighting, a General Election.

It's the sort of decision someone intent on "winging it" would make, like a student who can't be arsed to revise for an exam they aren't that fussed about.

Well quite.

In my day job I do software projects for financial services companies. The requirements are always complex & the client always wants everything delivered asap. When there is no legal deadline for these to go live it's a compromise between including stuff and the date. Add more stuff & the date moves. Simple.

That is until you get a drop dead legal date (for example a tax year, gender neutral pricing etc). Then you HAVE to deliver on a specific date. A bit like invoking Article 50.

These can still be good projects but they require excellent requirements, compromise and starting straight away with full focus. Any less than this and you're in to a risk situation and probably lots of overtime. Start really late with lots of distractions & very unclear requirements and you're screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So because you don't agree with me that makes me a dim tosser? What IS the point of engaging with you?

Not a lot if the best you can come up with, its "the Tories haven't told us their negotiating strategy, which means they haven't got one"!!! Derr. I don't recall calling you a dim tosser flower, you labelled yourself. Although to be fair now you mention it, it does mean we agree on something.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not a lot if the best you can come up with, its "the Tories haven't told us their negotiating strategy, which means they haven't got one"!!! Derr. I don't recall calling you a dim tosser flower, you labelled yourself. Although to be fair now you mention it, it does mean we agree on something.

Your post on this thread at 16.10pm seems to indicate 'dim tosser'..although it was spread out over two sentences petal

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
It seems odd to me that, despite the amount of flak she is getting for her stage managed appearances and failure to engage with voters, this strategy continues. Could it be that attempts to engage with voters would make her look even worse? Genuine question. What's it all about?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It seems odd to me that, despite the amount of flak she is getting for her stage managed appearances and failure to engage with voters, this strategy continues. Could it be that attempts to engage with voters would make her look even worse? Genuine question. What's it all about?

It's very strange, the party that called the election seem to be the one that is least prepared for it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I crack up every time I see the close-up stage-manged array of banners strategically positioned around her. Everything about her is completely fake.

Meanwhile...

[tweet]871777403475046404[/tweet]

[tweet]871794004530257921[/tweet]

It's a very safe seat but there's been similar pictures for weeks.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

You may be right, my friend, you may not be -do you know who is putting in the leg work for Brexit exactly and who is concentrating on the election? At least you are gracious enough to say that it is now a "suspicion" and no longer pure and simple!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here