Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well I thought we would lose. But not 4-0.

Even worse is the Kid near the touchline getting Hazard's shirt!
WTF are they doing in there? Should be in the away end !

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Look at all the deflections during the game. Look how many DON'T fall to us. Watch games against the supposed top six. Watch the deflections, that's what makes you a top side....luck.
Our players haven't gone from good to shit overnight. They've just come up against that stupid bitch lady luck

It's not just luck though. The better players have that little bit extra anticipation/speed/foresight - so when the ball does drop, it looks as though it has fortunately dropped to them, but quite often it's that they are in the right place. And pressing teams tend to get more second balls purely because they're running on to them. And so on.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If we keep playing like that against the teams below the top six i think we will be okay.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
*sigh*

That's a shame. 4-0 feels harsh and, to be honest, I've seldom felt as good about such a defeat. We were never expecting points from that but there's definitely an idea going forward about... er... going forward. If we play like that against our coming opponents then the goals should come. However, we played well at Old Trafford and that heralded the beginning of this barren spell. The trick will be learning from this and kicking on. Onwards!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
That's an unfair scoreline. Heads up, players gave it plenty.

You swine Hazard, giving your shirt to a kid. That's a lovely gesture.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Look at all the deflections during the game. Look how many DON'T fall to us. Watch games against the supposed top six. Watch the deflections, that's what makes you a top side....luck.
Our players haven't gone from good to shit overnight. They've just come up against that stupid bitch lady luck

Come off it. You can't have deflections constantly falling to you in the opposition box if you're rarely in it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Little kid with a sign asking for Hazards shirt in the Albion end. Father should do one

Sad state of affairs. Should have been a Chelsea lad who got that shirt .
That boy should have been asking for schelettos top

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Scoreline aside I enjoyed that. Was Hughton trying the formation out ahead of the new boy starting?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
When I've sauteed myself in alcohol and I've feel hard done by, I will call anybody on their negativity. It's a hard 38 games in the first season, get behind the team stop being a ****

I am, I'll be cheering the whole way, just on a bit of a downer after these few weeks

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Schelotto our MOM by a country mile! I will be giving him a big fat 10 tomorrow in the player ratings, awesome today. :thumbsup:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
We gave it a go after going 2-o don but the "ref" made sure we didn't get a sniff of a comeback.

Got to agree with this. Penalty shouts and free kicks not given when on the ball contact evident, could have made a massive difference. C***.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
*sigh*

That's a shame. 4-0 feels harsh and, to be honest, I've seldom felt as good about such a defeat. We were never expecting points from that but there's definitely an idea going forward about... er... going forward. If we play like that against our coming opponents then the goals should come. However, we played well at Old Trafford and that heralded the beginning of this barren spell. The trick will be learning from this and kicking on. Onwards!

Feel like banging your head against the wall don't you? Play shite against WBA but raise it significantly against Chelsea. Wrong way round.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That's an unfair scoreline. Heads up, players gave it plenty.

You swine Hazard, giving your shirt to a kid. That's a lovely gesture.
If the kid was in the away section I agree.
F***ing plastic Dad got him in there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here