Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I’m not too sure what this says, but it looks like it mentions us quite a bit.
I’ll leave someone else to translate........

https://www.bruzz.be/sport/sportief-directeur-hayes-union-wordt-geen-satellietclub-van-brighton-2018-06-15

It doesn't say much except to reiterate that it not a feeder team for Brighton.

He maintains close contact with Bloom, but makes it clear that the influence will remain limited. "We do not want to put together a core with all Brighton players in it. Union will certainly not transform into a satellite club. We absolutely want to preserve the individuality of this tradition club. "

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Beer festival anyone?

20BA7217-FBD4-4453-AF6A-DDDFA51667B1.jpeg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The previous chairman has now moved to a Honoury President ( Dick Knight type- ? ) role.

They are now looking for a new CEO.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Seems like an ideal arrangement for getting some of our youngsters some game time on loan and allowing them exposure to playing regularly whilst improving their first team squad

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Interesting, Belgium is my favourite country in Europe that I've been to so would like to have an excuse for another visit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Signing lots of players it seems. Tony must be going for it.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It's USG first league game tonight since Tony bought it. K.O is 8.30 their time so I think its 7.30 our time. They have just appointed Alex Muzio as president of the board. He is someone who has worked at Star Lizard for the last 12 years and owns 10% of the club.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
And from last nights papers,

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...e-plus-vite-possible-5b63229c55326925487362ac

Via Google Translate

If the new president of Union Saint-Gilloise Tony Bloom, 48, will be absent Friday evening (20:30) in Lommel for the opening match of the 2018-2019 season of the Proximus Football League, he promised to to be there for the long awaited meeting of the big return to the Stade Joseph Marien, against Oud-Heverlee Louvain, the following day. And above all he was already there in person on Thursday, to expose what he has in mind with this purchase of registration number 10.

"Climb into division one and as quickly as possible", he clearly announced.

"I already love this club and I'm overjoyed that it's mine, you can not imagine how long I've been looking for one like this on the continent, and now it's there. , the only club I have really been interested in in this country, is part of the history of Belgian football with its eleven titles, its legendary stadium and its fantastic fans, and it also has its traditions that I pledge to respect. we will now try to write other beautiful pages ... "

"Do not think that I'll be here for a long time - I'm here for a long time - stability is the most important thing in a club. quickly, but I have already understood that our competitors also have great ambitions, and especially the means to achieve them.I will be present as often as possible, but not to run the club daily.It will be the role of the director. sportsman Alex Hayes ".

The latter considers the core entrusted to coach Luka Elsner "well balanced", but notes that the transfer window lasts another month. "So it is still possible to strengthen," he said, "but we will not show up so much in the transfer market ..."

Finally Tony Muzio from Britain, a business partner of Tony Bloom, is the new chairman of the board, with a particular mission to find a successor CEO Jean-Marie Philips.

More here with video

https://bx1.be/sport/lunion-saint-g...ny-bloom-devoilent-leurs-ambitions-2018-2019/

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...e-plus-vite-possible-5b63229c55326925487362ac

Via Google Translate

If the new president of Union Saint-Gilloise Tony Bloom, 48, will be absent Friday evening (20:30) in Lommel for the opening match of the 2018-2019 season of the Proximus Football League, he promised to to be there for the long awaited meeting of the big return to the Stade Joseph Marien, against Oud-Heverlee Louvain, the following day. And above all he was already there in person on Thursday, to expose what he has in mind with this purchase of registration number 10.

"I already love this club and I'm overjoyed that it's mine, you can not imagine how long I've been looking for one like this on the continent, and now it's there. , the only club I have really been interested in in this country, is part of the history of Belgian football with its eleven titles, its legendary stadium and its fantastic fans, and it also has its traditions that I pledge to respect. we will now try to write other beautiful pages ... "

"Do not think that I'll be here for a long time - I'm here for a long time - stability is the most important thing in a club. quickly, but I have already understood that our competitors also have great ambitions, and especially the means to achieve them.I will be present as often as possible, but not to run the club daily.It will be the role of the director. sportsman Alex Hayes ".

The latter considers the core entrusted to coach Luka Elsner "well balanced", but notes that the transfer window lasts another month. "So it is still possible to strengthen," he said, "but we will not show up so much in the transfer market ..."

Finally Tony Muzio from Britain, a business partner of Tony Bloom, is the new chairman of the board, with a particular mission to find a successor CEO Jean-Marie Philips.

That's interesting. We haven't had any Belgians on here quizzing us about Bloom, have we? It would have been another matter if he'd taken over an Iranian club lol!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Via Google Translate

More here with video

https://bx1.be/sport/lunion-saint-g...ny-bloom-devoilent-leurs-ambitions-2018-2019/

That's cleared that up then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here