Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official Match Thread: England v Colombia

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well we'll never know what might have happened of course but although 2-2 would have been the correct score, it wouldn't have been a correct representation of how good/bad the teams were in the first half.
Agreed.
Also important not to forget that we were only playing Germany because we failed to win a group containing Algeria, Slovenia and the USA.

We were shit.
We were. But even WC winning sides are sometimes crap at the start of a tournament, and we can often raise our game so that we only lose narrowly :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now we have three potential Icelands lined up. .

We really don't.
  • Colombia are a lightyears better side.
  • Switzerland are 7th in the World and whilst that's a bit high, clearly not even close to footballing minnows, which was how Iceland were seen coming into Euro 2016.
  • Sweden beat Holland, Italy and Mexico to get to this point.
  • And Croatia's midfield is better than ours.

Apart from that...

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
We really don't. Colombia are a lightyears better side. Switzerland are 7th in the World and whilst a bit high, clearly not even close to footballing minnows, which was how Iceland were seen coming into Euro 2016. And Croatia's midfield is better than ours.

Apart from that...

So you know Switzerland are going to beat Sweden (who we very rarely get the better of)?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
We really don't.
  • Switzerland are 7th in the World and whilst that's a bit high, clearly not even close to footballing minnows, which was how Iceland were seen coming into Euro 2016.

Apart from that...

Ah, you saw your error and edited!:thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We really don't.

Apart from that...

Actually I think we are agreeing. I don't see them as Icelands for the reasons you have mentioned. But a lot of people do.

I don't think there any easy games at this stage. Teams that get into the last 16 are by definition the best 16 in the world. I suspect we are not in the top 5/6 but we are good enough on our day to beat the remaining teams to the final if we are at our best. It is asking a lot of a team to be at their best every match though.

And agree regarding our midfield.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just been to Tesco's to stock up, case of FOSTERS and some R Whites Lemonade for MY tops, I'm flying the FLAG and NOT drinking any FOREIGN muck.

I've just stuck my England Team greatest HITS CD on LOOP, 'This time we'll get it RIGHT' 'Back HOME (but not tonight obviously), World in MOTION, Footballs coming HOME , the lot of them. My NEIGHBOUR already moaning but who cares as he is a POLL and they're OUT

My neighbours are Brazilian NUTS. They often have loud barbecues in their garden. I shall treat them to a dreadful CACOPHONY of 'We're RON HARWAY' when Kane completes his BRACE.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just SMASHED a SHAKIRA cd in the street outside. I’m out of CONTROL

I thought that said you'd SMASHED SHAKIRA. I was about to call you a BEAUTIFUL LIAR..

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're doomed. I glanced at my Albion calendar, just now, and noticed July is Izquierdo and Rosenior. Liam's wife is Colombian.
Barber out, calendar publisher out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He tweeted this morning, there were split loyalties in their house, with a photo of his whole family. She has the hair for it.

I'm not sure why [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] has never turned his prodigious talent for all things WaG closer to home.
I guess he might do this season now the obvious winner has left us, it would at least be a fairer fight.

Oh and Liam really should have spelt Colombia correctly!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm not sure why [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] has never turned his prodigious talent for all things WaG closer to home.
I guess he might do this season now the obvious winner has left us, it would at least be a fairer fight.

Oh and Liam really should have spelt Colombia correctly!
Have to concur. She's really fit. Well deserved though as Liam is a top bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here