Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to drop Murray?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Spot on. Huddersfield were ripe for having a new one ripped by pace. Izquierdo and Locadia to start up front.....it will never happen with Mr Predictable in charge, though.

Mr Predictable hasn’t done too bad. Got us promoted. Put us in with a great chance of staying up. A few cup runs....
He’s not perfect, but he probably knows more about where Locadia is than anyone on NSC. I’m guessing he doesn’t trust him yet., possibly due to fitness.
Beware the Norwich fan mentality circa 2014. They chased out hughton and are currently making up the numbers in the championship.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kayal came on for Gross ?

Yep. Ulloa came on for Murray at the 65min mark in the classic Hughton like-for-like 65 minute sub. We were 4-4-1-1, Gross in behind Murray ahead of the four of March, Stephens, Propper and Izquierdo. With that second 4 becoming a 3 with Propper sent off, Hughton brought on Kayal to go 4-4-0-1

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but he wasn't awful today. There were plenty of substandard performances but if we could finish when through one on one then we would have taken all 3 points. Murray shouldn't be the scapegoat it was a team effort today

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thats uncalled for as nobody is suggesting such a move what we want is the manager to be more proactive and try to change things when the game is running away from us like today.. I would go as far as to say that we were very fortunate to have got a point today.

I was beng sarcastic. We're in the PL because of CH.

I wouldn't want any of those clowns near the Albion.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
A bit harsh! Lone striker who is dependant on CAM and wingers having a good game, in which all 3 didnt! Murray tried today and risked too many lay offs, instead of playing simple! As for substitution Murray/Ulloa. Like for like, nothing changed!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’m a big Muzza fan. He had a frustrating game today but I don’t think he should be dropped next week, he is simply crying out for having someone close to him that has got the pace he’s lacking and sadly Gross lacks pace too. With Propper being suspended next week i’d like to see Gross drop deeper and play alongside Stephens and Kayal, and play Locadia in a floating role behind Muzza to feed off him with his pace.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would still start Murray vs. Palarse, simply because it is Palarse and his former club, etc, etc. But I would look to be replacing him after an hour (no longer) with Locadia or even Baldock - a striker with pace, and not a like-for-like Ulloa.
Several of our last matches are 'free hits' - in other words we don't expect diddly-squat from any of them, so that is the time to start trying out the alternatives to Murray - all the possible combinations too; we can still keep him on the bench to come on for the last twenty minutes if we need to change something.

Last edited:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Regarding Hughton, what exactly did he say to our misfiring players at the half time interval for them to come back out and play completely the same crappy football, show us the same lethargic body language and the same useless tackling we saw in the first half. As others have already said, Murray today was largely inneffective and his touch was at best average accept for his heading ability. Locadia was obviously the sub to make for Murray when it came (always way too late), Kayal to replace Stephens and Goldson to replace Duffy (truly awful in every way today).
Going forward to the next two games Hughton has to grow some balls, this defensive attitude is killing us and will potentially send us down if we're not careful, get us onto the front foot Chris, for our sake and our Premier League survival..

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
With Propper suspended, drop gross alongside dale and play Locadia off ulloa next week plz.

Anthony Knockaert and izquierdo bombing down the wings, smash the scum and definitely safe.... making sure they stay in dog fight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They wouldn't. That is partly why they are gone. And as I said, perhaps elsewhere, staying up is everything this season, but next season the same old same old, leading to a Wimpey rather than a bang, won't be tolerated by the boss for ever....

Be careful, the Accrington chairman got into trouble for giving the team Macdonalds, & now you're wanting out to have Wimpeys?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mr Predictable hasn’t done too bad. Got us promoted. Put us in with a great chance of staying up. A few cup runs....
He’s not perfect, but he probably knows more about where Locadia is than anyone on NSC. I’m guessing he doesn’t trust him yet., possibly due to fitness.
Beware the Norwich fan mentality circa 2014. They chased out hughton and are currently making up the numbers in the championship.

Yes. I had an epiphany yesterday. I had a picture in my mind half way through the game of exactly what would happen. How the game wouldn't change. Yes, we will probably stay up and it will be a great achievement. But for a while yesterday I started feeling disgruntled. OK, today I feel more sanguine. Maybe the prospect of limping back to the car was getting me down a bit yesterday. And I was still seething over the back pass. Yes.....lost my shit a bit. My bad. Bring on the Palarse.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
All those saying Ulloa did nothing yesterday are overlooking the fact he played the perfect through ball to send in Izquierdo for what should have been the winner.

I'd start Leo at Palace personally. Luckily CH knows better than me so I'm happy it's him that gets to decide.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
All those saying Ulloa did nothing yesterday are overlooking the fact he played the perfect through ball to send in Izquierdo for what should have been the winner.

I'd start Leo at Palace personally. Luckily CH knows better than me so I'm happy it's him that gets to decide.

And everyone is overlooking the fact that Murray did the same thing in the 1st half, Jose did not have as much time and the keeper was out quickly, but a decent chance all the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So far at least, Hughton doesn't seem to fancy Locadia as the one up front - he's not played him there once yet, has he?

Correct. But if things were not working the way things are then maybe CH should consider this option, how many times should a manager keep doing the same thing in the hope that it produces goals? If an employee gets given the most expensive tool in the history of the company that employs them, should they not at least try to use it for the purpose it was designed for?

CH is safe now, and for next season, as long as we do not struggle in The Championship............

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yes. I had an epiphany yesterday. I had a picture in my mind half way through the game of exactly what would happen. How the game wouldn't change. Yes, we will probably stay up and it will be a great achievement. But for a while yesterday I started feeling disgruntled. OK, today I feel more sanguine. Maybe the prospect of limping back to the car was getting me down a bit yesterday. And I was still seething over the back pass. Yes.....lost my shit a bit. My bad. Bring on the Palarse.

Understandable . It can definitely be frustrating watching Albion and hughton’s not exactly dynamic when things need changing.
On balance he’s still miles in credit though.
The bigger question is , what is our upper limit? Staying up ? Seventh ? Europe? Champions ?
Hughton’s generally cautious style would probably only get us so far up the table. Say 12th?
To get a different manager in with a more expansive style may take us to the next level, or it might all go to sh*t.
It’s a tricky one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Understandable . It can definitely be frustrating watching Albion and hughton’s not exactly dynamic when things need changing.
On balance he’s still miles in credit though.
The bigger question is , what is our upper limit? Staying up ? Seventh ? Europe? Champions ?
Hughton’s generally cautious style would probably only get us so far up the table. Say 12th?
To get a different manager in with a more expansive style may take us to the next level, or it might all go to sh*t.
It’s a tricky one.

Indeed. I would deffo give him another season, but if I were TB I would be engagd in 'watchful waiting'. Nothing lasts forever, but one must be carful what one wishs for.....

Calmer now....off out with the family somewhere. And....exhale. :lolol::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Be careful, the Accrington chairman got into trouble for giving the team Macdonalds, & now you're wanting out to have Wimpeys?

pssst! I do the elderly 'comedy' round here. OK?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here