Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So predictable now, bored of the exact same pattern of play happening time and time again
It wasn't the same pattern of play.
We didn't sit back as we have done in some games but we went down about 2 or 3 gears, the intensity vanished
We can't dominate a PL team for an entire 90 minutes, of course they were going to have their moments. We kept pushing forward after the goal, we didn't go down the gears.

After giving him enough time to shine. I must say i'm not a fan of Jose. Doesn't seem to know what to do with the ball. other than cut in and shoot.
He was playing well before he scored, scored a worldy, and kept playing well after he scored.
You really are pathetic. one for the ignore.
Ok Nomad is taking the piss a bit, but you were talking out your backside.

Looked to me like their defender clearly raised his arms and therefore blocked the ball with them - anyone else see it like this?
Yep, hand in unnatural position. Penalty.
Agreed. Close range, ball to arm, but his arm shouldn't have been there. Penalty IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope you're right but some of his analysis really did make West ham appear an absolute shambles defensively. I can't see the Swansea defence being a bunch of total muglets in the same way.

I've just watched Curbs on the PL review. He said Hughton has done some fantastic business in January & with today's game, the most likely to stay up.
Four points in a week is good going.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've just watched Curbs on the PL review. He said Hughton has done some fantastic business in January & with today's game, the most likely to stay up.
Four points in a week is good going.

Watched it too. When we play like that and pundits purr over us I just want to see us do it week in and week out, we'd be top eight on todays performance, if we had consistency.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It wasn't the same pattern of play.
We can't dominate a PL team for an entire 90 minutes, of course they were going to have their moments. We kept pushing forward after the goal, we didn't go down the gears.

He was playing well before he scored, scored a worldy, and kept playing well after he scored.
Ok Nomad is taking the piss a bit, but you were talking out your backside.

Agreed. Close range, ball to arm, but his arm shouldn't have been there. Penalty IMO.

I disagree.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Watched it too. When we play like that and pundits purr over us I just want to see us do it week in and week out, we'd be top eight on todays performance, if we had consistency.

Consistency comes with experience. Sometimes you can only play as well as the opposition allows you to. We're learning & we've got the fight in us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bong is so poor on the ball. Takes an age to sort his feet out going forward. Cringeworthy. We can win this!
Bong defending of crosses has been atrocious as they have crept in behind him far to often. Could end up costing us if he doesn’t concentrate more
From the BBC:
"Bong summed up Brighton's attacking endeavour. He touched the ball more than anyone else on the pitch. The left-back spent so much time attacking that 55 of his 78 touches came in the West Ham half. With Bong a constant outlet, 54% of Brighton's play came down the left side."

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do peeps remember Hammers fans saying after we beat them earlier in the season ‘’ we shouldn’t get beaten by teams like Brighton’’...What now?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
From the BBC:
"Bong summed up Brighton's attacking endeavour. He touched the ball more than anyone else on the pitch. The left-back spent so much time attacking that 55 of his 78 touches came in the West Ham half. With Bong a constant outlet, 54% of Brighton's play came down the left side."
Attacking yes, defending crosses no

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
tag_reuters.com,2018_newsml_RC1411B50FF0_1065427997_768x432.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do peeps remember Hammers fans saying after we beat them earlier in the season ‘’ we shouldn’t get beaten by teams like Brighton’’...What now?

They got beaten again.

How good is it to get six points off a Premier League team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great to see us pick up after their equalizer, wonder what made the difference? Players finally realising that time was running out to start getting points? Different instructions from CH?
I'm sure there were some different instructions, as we were at home. Each player played better, and West Ham were worse than SCC. Unsurprisingly, a combination of things.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never want that lot to win. Ever.
Their last two games of the season are against Stoke and West Brom. We may be cheering them on yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here