Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Everton fans have almost to a man thought of him as a shite player, for some considerable time. The usual quips that they'd pay for his taxi.

Other than the risk that he flops for us too, there's another that he'd be on our books in the Championship on big wages, with few takers after flopping again. I would assume that the Board weigh that sceanario up very carefully.

But with just 56 hours to go, I guess beggars can't be choosers!

Should have never come down to under 60 hours when we had 4 and a half months to sort this out and a wad of cash. Sadly this is the sort of player we will end up with and paying over the odds.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Should have never come down to under 60 hours when we had 4 and a half months to sort this out and a wad of cash. Sadly this is the sort of player we will end up with and paying over the odds.

Given he's been a target for months and it's been reported for weeks and it looks like we are the only serious suitors then isn't this just a fairly normal bit of transfer window business for a prem league club (if it happens) .

Why all the hyperbole of it "should never have come to this"

He was a target. We wanted it to come to this.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Given he's been a target for months and it's been reported for weeks and it looks like we are the only serious suitors then isn't this just a fairly normal bit of transfer window business for a prem league club (if it happens) .

Spence doesn't often do positivity.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Other than the risk that he flops for us too, there's another that he'd be on our books in the Championship on big wages, with few takers after flopping again. I would assume that the Board weigh that sceanario up very carefully.!

Exactly. Which is why it's come to this. We are after a loan deal only. And we are playing hardball with Everton to get it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

He might have been a target but he was probably way down the pecking list and for a good reason. If the club really wanted him they could have wrapped this one up weeks ago

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
He was a target but way down the list and for a good reason. If the club really wanted him they could have wrapped this one up weeks ago

No they couldn't because they , quite rightly , want (as it's been reported so far) a loan deal only.
And Are prepared to hold out for it.

pS : We've been linked him with him for months which indicates he's a key target.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No they couldn't because they , quite rightly , want (as it's been reported so far) a loan deal only.
And Are prepared to hold out for it.

pS : We've been linked him with him for months which indicates he's

So having known we needed a striker since April we're down to getting a player we don't even think is good enough to buy .

Happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
So having known we needed a striker since April we're down to getting a player we don't even think is good enough to buy .

We , it's reported, want Niasse on a loan to buy deal...

(And another striker)

Not sure why you think that's so shocking or disappointing.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I'm starting to think that people are deliberately trying to misconstrue [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] 's compelling argument.

Isn't it time that we had a little more faith that Paul Winstanley and the board actually do have some idea as to what they are doing?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If Everton want to sell and we want to loan, then they would obviously wait till the deadline to get all offers first. I'm sure we have taken this into account and all the possibilities of deadline day linked to this deal and others. It's not simple but it's worth sticking to our assessed values given the tens of thousands of pro players in the world we'll have a raft of plans for whatever happens. Deals are not in isolation as I'm sure if you bought a house you wouldn't look at only one and then pay whatever to have it you'd compare and contrast many.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If Everton want to sell and we want to loan, then they would obviously wait till the deadline to get all offers first. I'm sure we have taken this into account and all the possibilities of deadline day linked to this deal and others. It's not simple but it's worth sticking to our assessed values given the tens of thousands of pro players in the world we'll have a raft of plans for whatever happens. Deals are not in isolation as I'm sure if you bought a house you wouldn't look at only one and then pay whatever to have it you'd compare and contrast many.

Terrible analogy , but sticking with your house buying theme ...

We've viewed houses we could never really afford to buy and others who have sold to another buyer with better offer ( probably no chain)

Also two houses where some issues showed up on the survey.

Now we're left with some two bed shithole we'd rather rent than actually put our money into and buy

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm starting to think that people are deliberately trying to misconstrue [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] 's compelling argument.

Isn't it time that we had a little more faith that Paul Winstanley and the board actually do have some idea as to what they are doing?

It won't be long before we find out.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You can't really take Everton fans seriously he's only played about 4 games for them..... I don't particularly like Pascal grob after 3 games but I won't be writing him off for a while yet !!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You can't really take Everton fans seriously he's only played about 4 games for them..... I don't particularly like Pascal grob after 3 games but I won't be writing him off for a while yet !!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

It's not so much that, you know this guy was at the bottom of our list , or may not have been on it at all .

Makes you wonder if the top of the list was just too far fetched and now we're left with the dregs it would seem .

Desperately hope I'm wrong and eating humble pie on Thursday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Too busy wasting time chasing Jovetic who never had any intention of coming here , or England .

It's not so much that, you know this guy was at the bottom of our list , or may not have been on it at all .

Makes you wonder if the top of the list was just too far fetched and now we're left with the dregs it would seem .

So you are moaning that one target is not good enough, whilst simultaneously moaning that we have 'wasted time' trying to sign somebody better?

Triffic.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I don't agree I think he was near the top of the list behind Tammy as a value loan. Everton won't loan him at the moment which is worrying. If no one buys him last day I suspect he will come here on loan.

The big money striker is the worrying one this is the one we can't get over the line.....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So you are moaning that one target is not good enough, whilst simultaneously moaning that we have 'wasted time' trying to sign somebody better?

Triffic.

Don't be daft , trying to sign someone better is one thing , trying to sign someone who never wanted back in England, had already told Italian Media he wanted to either go to Sevilla or if not fight for his place in the Inter team .

In the end he's gone to Monaco , MONACO , you know , big money , CL football etc .

You and the recruiters are in dreamland if you ever thought he was going to come here

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't be daft , trying to sign someone better is one thing , trying to sign someone who never wanted back in England, had already told Italian Media he wanted to either go to Sevilla or if not fight for his place in the Inter team .

In the end he's gone to Monaco , MONACO , you know , big money , CL football etc .

You and the recruiters are in dreamland if you ever thought he was going to come here

Nope. I never thought that was realistic, and I very much doubt we were ever interested. I'm fairly sure you never thought that was any more than a rumour either, but you're now prepared to pretend it actually did happen, so you have something else to MOAN about.

Perhaps just switch your internet off until Friday morning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here