[Sussex] monks farm planning

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you live within 10 miles of the proposed site ? if you do, ask the Mrs if she would like an IKEA at lancing.

I do and the answer is a yes

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Do you live within 10 miles of the proposed site ? if you do, ask the Mrs if she would like an IKEA at lancing.

I live right next to the land in question and I'm happy with the plans, not sure some of my neighbours are happy with my view but I don't care.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some good news.

Parish council has rejected the proposals. Hopefully whole thing will be thrown out next month.

Some largely irrelevant views I think you mean. Lancing Parish Council - who have their own agenda based on their own prejudices (and there are many on that) - aren't the planning authority, so while their views are taken on board, they don't really amount to a hill of beans.

Interestingly, there are many 'No to IKEA' boards up, citing traffic gridlock, air pollution and flooding issues. However, they are specifically NOT anti-new housing boards - which leads me to one of two conclusions.

Either...

1. They just don't want an IKEA because... they don't want an IKEA or
2. They genuinely believe It's only IKEA who will cause this environmental meltdown, and not a new housing project.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In my experience parish councils are terribly unrepresentative of the local people. They tend to be populated by self important fools with an axe to grind who enjoy telling people what to do. They're of about as much use as neighbourhood watch schemes.

Not just in your experience. Parish councils rarely agree with anything that benefits the local people.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We finally got an Ikea recently in Sheffield after years of wrangling about one issue or another. I'm pretty ambivalent but it's jobs and makes some people (women) happy.

Point is, they built it on an empty site just near the motorway and Meadowhall where traffic was already an issue. It being the route I generally take if going North on the M1, I thought it would probably make it worse. Wrong. They totally remodeled the roads/lights/junctions and (in my experience) it's actually better than it was before.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I thought it would probably make it worse. Wrong. They totally remodeled the roads/lights/junctions and (in my experience) it's actually better than it was before.

This is what I'm anticipating with the Monks Farm development proposals: the development will actually sort a lot of the traffic problems along there out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In the end, if the council want it to happen, it will. The Anston House redevelopment plans drew universal condemnation from locals and some councillors on the grounds of scale and even the B&HCC planning committee for its lack of affordable dwellings, but they were still approved. Committee chair Cllr Julie Cattell has a lot to answer for in many people's eyes, and I fervently hope Preston Park Ward voters take their revenge at the next election.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

I have 3 teenagers who have hope of work opportunities now, so it's a Yes from me.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Some largely irrelevant views I think you mean. Lancing Parish Council - who have their own agenda based on their own prejudices (and there are many on that) - aren't the planning authority, so while their views are taken on board, they don't really amount to a hill of beans.

Interestingly, there are many 'No to IKEA' boards up, citing traffic gridlock, air pollution and flooding issues. However, they are specifically NOT anti-new housing boards - which leads me to one of two conclusions.

Either...

1. They just don't want an IKEA because... they don't want an IKEA or
2. They genuinely believe It's only IKEA who will cause this environmental meltdown, and not a new housing project.

The land in question has been designated for building on in the adur local plan, It was passed for a minimum of 600 properties and a minimum of something like 35,000sqm of commercial space, there's no real reason for the plans to be turned down as it meets the requirements.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The land in question has been designated for building on in the adur local plan, It was passed for a minimum of 600 properties and a minimum of something like 35,000sqm of commercial space, there's no real reason for the plans to be turned down as it meets the requirements.

Yes but TLO is a planning and traffic expert so he knows better than you so just shut up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here