Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC: Belgium v Panama

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I love the roar of South American fans as their team gets closer to goal. One of my favorite world cuppy things that.

We have had the grammar police out in force on this thread, now the geography fire brigade are here. Panama is definitely in Central America, not South America.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Floodgates opening

3-0

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Must be awful being the BBC commentator and having to sit next to Lawro. The snidey old mood-hoover just seems to suck all the joy out of everything these days.

The poor commentator must leave the stadium begging for somebody to tell a joke or give him a hug.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Eden and Thorgan Hazard now on the pitch. Hoping to see their younger twin brothers Trip and Fire make an appearance later.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness, Belgium have controlled the game and carved out three or four presentable chances and nearly one or two others. I fully expect Panama to tire and Belgium to bag a couple of late goals.

Called it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Whatever happened to Eden Hazard ? he seems to have morphed in to something called Ed-In Az-Ad ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Must be awful being the BBC commentator and having to sit next to Lawro. The snidey old mood-hoover just seems to suck all the joy out of everything these days.

The poor commentator must leave the stadium begging for somebody to tell a joke or give him a hug.

Don't listen to 5Live then Edna, they can fill a hot air balloon in 10 minutes..... John Murray I fear, has the England game tonight on the radio... I'm out !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bloke on 5Live just came by the sound of it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't listen to 5Live then Edna, they can fill a hot air balloon in 10 minutes..... John Murray I fear, has the England game tonight on the radio... I'm out !

John Murray boringly talks and talks and talks. He'd win the Olympics, if banal waffling was a sport.

A far cry from Peter Jones, the doyenne of radio football commentators.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
John Murray boringly talks and talks and talks. He'd win the Olympics, if banal waffling was a sport.

A far cry from Peter Jones, the doyenne of radio football commentators.
Peter Jones...indeed, articulate, constructive and didn't whine like a 747, marvellous scenes.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We have had the grammar police out in force on this thread, now the geography fire brigade are here. Panama is definitely in Central America, not South America.

:facepalm:
And THAT kids, is what getting a degree in Geography does for your actual knowledge of Geography.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

It is much, much worse than that, for the poor soul...

The BBC commentator / co-commentator partnerships are locked in for the whole tournament. The poor chap will be doing EVERY game with Lawro, staying in a hotel with Lawro ("beds are lumpy, views are boring"), breakfast with Lawro ("it's not great is it? This isn't English tea, is it?"), sightseeing trips on days off with Lawro ("once you've seen one Russian church, you've seen them all. It's too hot. These bugs are annoying")....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here