Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
23rd September but I might cancel now [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] has said they don't offer food by bags you grab while riding past. If I wanted to do a few rides on the same day with a couple of sit down meals I could do that myself. I might not stop then.

FREE food and drink, that's FREE food and FREE drink (assuming you've forgotten about the entrance fee)

Get thy monies worth.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
23rd September but I might cancel now [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] has said they don't offer food by bags you grab while riding past. If I wanted to do a few rides on the same day with a couple of sit down meals I could do that myself. I might not stop then.

Feck me! Can you imagine the carnage if they handed out food bags to grab as you rode past in a sportive! :lolol:

Better still. Imagine you trying to grab a food bag without fal...I mean getting off :lolol:

I'd be willing to pay a sportive entry fee just to spectate the feed zones alone, without even bothering riding myself, if they did that :thumbsup: It'd make a change from watching G fall off his bike at least.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
That's piqued my interest.
Jnr's not up for 110 km despite what he might think, but 70 would be a good challenge for him.

We have done this for the past 5 years or so- it was previously the annual Brighton CTC ride , and has always been a good day out. The tea and cake stop at Waldron is fantastic. We use it as our Cycle Clubs ride that Sunday, and usually have 10-15 riders mostly doing the 110km, although some ride the shorter distance. Definitely recommended, and its easy to swap between the routes as the longer ride is a loop from Waldron, back to Waldron, so easy to add it on or miss it out depending on how you are feeling on the day

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Feck me! Can you imagine the carnage if they handed out food bags to grab as you rode past in a sportive! :lolol:

Better still. Imagine you trying to grab a food bag without fal...I mean getting off :lolol:

I'd be willing to pay a sportive entry fee just to spectate the feed zones alone, without even bothering riding myself, if they did that :thumbsup: It'd make a change from watching G fall off his bike at least.

I was joking, but an 'express' food stop would be preferable to me. I like chaos.

The answer To G's tumbling is obvious but will upset the dinosaurs. 28s.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From yesterday's Dauphine :lol:

DfEcPm2XUAAxMNo.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feck me that's a rather challenging end of ride profile. :lolol:

DfJaUOzXcAEC3Ph.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Definitely one for the Puncheurs!

Surely breaking the team rider limit for stage races this year as well? I can count 14 in stripes, while the reds have only got 4, and the greens 1. Cheats ;o)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
How come Garmin records my ride at an average of 18.5, and when downloaded to Strava its 17.9?? I feel cheated. :tantrum:

Get a Bryton Rider and enjoy seeing your figures go up when you download it to Strava. Distance, elevation and avg speed...the whole kit and caboodle :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This seasons main objective finally achieved yesterday. Winter miles really do equal Summer smiles after all :)

Screenshot at 2018-06-09 08-15-48.png

Elevation, when I adjusted it on Strava = 11,067ft. Nearly a 1,000 ft more than my Bryton was giving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here