Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benik Adobe to...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*cough* It's a fun bet - I won't be bouncing this thread when Wolves are 10 points adrift at the bottom in April. I haven't decided on my life-changing bets yet ;)
Giving the bookies £10 isn't all that high on my 'fun things to do' list, still whatever floats your boat.

theboybilly

Giving the bookies £10 isn't all that high on my 'fun things to do' list, still whatever floats your boat.

It's e/w so it's £20. A bit of fun that might last for a few months. No different to backing a 20/1 shot in the Grand National I'd have thought but there you've likely had your 'fun' bet ruined in 15 minutes. And I can afford a left-field punt now and again.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Didn't we do this once? Sign a player, I think for free, then immediately sell him onwards before he played for a small sum, £25K or something (probably not that small for us in those days)

Paul Holsgrove

We also did it with Mark Wright whilst at the Withdean, although he played a handful of games for us first. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wright_(footballer,_born_1982)

Darren Currie wasn’t at us for very long either, was he?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Having just signed for Wolves, they are now (according to SSN) in advanced talks to sell him on to Stoke, supposedly for a quick £2,000,000 profit. All a bit odd, if you ask me. I wonder how much say Benik has had in all this wheeling and dealing. Who in their right mind would be happy to swap PL to go to Championsip..... STOKE.... of all places??

Nice freshly-washed money no doubt.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If companies in the world outside football bought an asset and immediately sold it on for a £2m profit there'd surely be questions being asked by the fraud squad...

I used to work with someone who made a tidy profit doing this sort of thing. He would trawl eBay for items that were listed in 'wrong' areas get them at a low price because no one else was bidding on it, then re-list it in the 'right' (or more suitable) area so more of the people interested in the items saw them and bid for them.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Why don't you just EDIT the thread title?

Because I haven’t worked out yet how to do that. I know how to edit a post, but not a thread title. Perhaps you could tell me how. Yes, I know, stupid computer user. No, I’m not BG.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because I haven’t worked out yet how to do that. I know how to edit a post, but not a thread title. Perhaps you could tell me how. Yes, I know, stupid computer user. No, I’m not BG.

Within 30 minutes, 'edit post' then 'go advance' and that let's you edit the title, so you don't look like a bit of a wally. :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We did EXACTLY this with a player around 1998. We signed him for next to nothing, and sold him on for about £125K before the season had even started. Can't remembr the bloke's name. Calling [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We did EXACTLY this with a player around 1998. We signed him for next to nothing, and sold him on for about £125K before the season had even started. Can't remembr the bloke's name. Calling [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]

I can't remember what happened this morning.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Maybe [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] has EVERYONE on ignore? :shrug:

Didn't we do this once? Sign a player, I think for free, then immediately sell him onwards before he played for a small sum, £25K or something (probably not that small for us in those days)

Paul Holsgrove

Thought we sold him on for £100k just a weeks after signing him.

That's the one! Not sure about the fee but I think it was a bit more than £25 grand. Certainly small beer compared to the sort of figures we're dealing in now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] has EVERYONE on ignore? :shrug:

Apologies - came into the thread at the wrong place :wozza::shootself:O

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

I’ve just seen that Barnet have appointed Darren Currie as their new manager today and that got me to wondering if it was him? Pretty sure that we made a tidy profit on him. Did he not sign twice and one of those was the incident that you mentioned when he was in and out in the blink of an eye.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here