Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We want Bong"

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
People should just accept that we have a good championship squad, with a couple of PL capable players.
It's gonna be a long season, may as well accept that, and enjoy the ride with minimal expectations.

A good championship squad that's cost TB £40M. :facepalm:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Chant was because of his name being similar to the object for taking drugs.

What a pathetic thread.

Oh ok then, so every time he kicked the ball and they cheered or every time he went to go for the ball or attempt to put a cross in they went ooooooooo then cheered and laughed is do with a Bong for drugs.....

You don't work for Trumps press core do you ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chant was because of his name being similar to the object for taking drugs.

What a pathetic thread.
Really......................................no really?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
On that board they seem to think that was our PL team? Most of them couldn't get in our side at the bottom of the Champ. Expect to see those 13 players get more games in L1 and L2 this year than the PL.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
.........or a first team squad member playing in a pretty meaningless game to get some match time ?

Didn't see the game as I'm away, but do we need yet another player-slagging thread ?
Well said.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
First Half I didn't think there much in either full backs performances...second half LR seemed to step up his game.

CG didn't seem to like the new guy at RB for the second half, didn't pass to him once

Yes, I noticed that. Mateju got himself into good open positions, but wasn't used enough.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

Quite an enjoyable read, that forum. I respect anyone who gets passionate about a team of that size when they could easily be gloryhunting in other parts of north London and the environs.

I almost registered just to make the obvious point that, well as Barnet played, they weren't exactly going toe to toe with a Premier League team, given our starting line-up. And our first teamers on the pitch weren't exactly going at full throttle. But they could only play against what was in front of them and they were unlucky not to nick a draw.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Quite an enjoyable read, that forum. I respect anyone who gets passionate about a team of that size when they could easily be gloryhunting in other parts of north London and the environs.

I almost registered just to make the obvious point that, well as Barnet played, they weren't exactly going toe to toe with a Premier League team, given our starting line-up. And our first teamers on the pitch weren't exactly going at full throttle. But they could only play against what was in front of them and they were unlucky not to nick a draw.

It's like with any London borough team, they have their hard core of supporters.
Example being Wealdstone FC, near myself, they have fans who follow them religiously around the UK.
Furthest point being Cornwall.
Plus they've just recently inherited a new chairman from Accrington Stanley, Peter Marsden.
Local football is really passionate stuff, but great to watch.
I thought Barnet did okay against our second string effort, we were lucky.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes, I noticed that. Mateju got himself into good open positions, but wasn't used enough.

I liked what I saw of the lad. He seemed to have good pace, made a number of clever runs inside their full back and also seemed to have good pace in transition which I think is a good sign in a full back. I fancy he will be pushing Bruno sooner rather than later.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I liked what I saw of the lad. He seemed to have good pace, made a number of clever runs inside their full back and also seemed to have good pace in transition which I think is a good sign in a full back. I fancy he will be pushing Bruno sooner rather than later.

Did well going forward, defensively I was unsure and thats against L2 opposition, also he looked absolutely shattered after 20 mins ? Maye he is one of those that always looks tired regardless...

A long way off pushng Bruno or Rosenior just yet for me

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Did well going forward, defensively I was unsure and thats against L2 opposition, also he looked absolutely shattered after 20 mins ? Maye he is one of those that always looks tired regardless...

A long way off pushng Bruno or Rosenior just yet for me

A long way today for sure but he looked to have the basic attributes to be a good player to me. Did look knackered but that's probably because he's done a late pre season with us after the move. Time will tell. He has some talent I think.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
People should just accept that we have a good championship squad, with a couple of PL capable players.
It's gonna be a long season, may as well accept that, and enjoy the ride with minimal expectations.
Or, we haven't got the players currently available to do what CH wants to do, we haven't got pace up front and we are waiting on International clearance for our next two players...

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
I never said we have a crap squad, just witnessed a pretty poor performance by a squad member which happens, if I was worried I wouldn't have found it funny, sorry if that's a crime to post something I thought was related to Brighton on a Brighton message board about opinions.

Consider myself told off by the NSC Mafia

I was at the game last night and agree that Bong along with Skalak Towell and Hemed were poor, on the positive side though Mulumby and Tilley looked very promising.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Or, we haven't got the players currently available to do what CH wants to do, we haven't got pace up front and we are waiting on International clearance for our next two players...

As things stand, we have a good Championship squad, in my opinion.
Top 6 at the very best last season, if not for AK.

Jose and Raph will hopefully improve us.

I couldn't care either way, I'll always enjoy watching and supporting the Albion, regardless of division.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170831-202545.png

Looks like he's off :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here