Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£4-5 million to be spent of the stadium...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
When are the improvements meant to be finished as I was up there the other day and the Amex was looking very much like a building site.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
When are the improvements meant to be finished as I was up there the other day and the Amex was looking very much like a building site.

Before next Saturday?

Tomorrows sell out is apprx 27,000 due to the ongoing works.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Looks like we've lost a couple of rows of seats for that tv gantry in front of the west upper.

No, the TV gantry was extended downwards and now overhangs the lounge/1901 below.

That will improve the look of the south east corner. One negative maybe that the away fans will be below that box won't they? They could make themselves heard from there.

Pretty certain most grounds have their own issues in this regard but only likely to be an issue at HT.

So it looks like there will be 3 or 4 new rows of seating in front of the studio / new lounge.

Yep, would make sense for visitors to the Amex lounge to want actual seats to sit in rather than viewing the game from behind plate glass.

Can't wait to see what they've done to the old gal' tomorrow. Aesthetically putting anything in that corner will be an improvement. Potentially could do the same in the NE presumably if corporate demand dictates?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone at the game today take any pics?

The directors box has now been sealed off. There's a barrier either side of the walk way and gates have been installed so regular supports cannot walk right across the back now.

Attachments

• IMG_7620.PNG
    IMG_7620.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 741

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is the new studio going to be finished?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That's what I wanted to know. Seems a lot to do by Saturday!

Indeed little appears to have been done since a photo posted on here a while ago

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Before next Saturday?

Tomorrows sell out is apprx 27,000 due to the ongoing works.

1901 Tier wasn't open - only a handful of people in it - presumably that accounts for the missing 3000. What work are they doing there ?

Can't see the studio being completed by Saturday - looks like this now

24b1350b4d9d2458da01be9aca0f618a.jpg

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Was sat front row on the half way line in the east stand for a change. If that studio is finished by Saturday I will be mightily impressed. Also noticed the new? Electronic advertising boards across the east upper. I drove today where as I normally get wankered so this MAY have been there a long time....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1901 Tier wasn't open - only a handful of people in it - presumably that accounts for the missing 3000. What work are they doing there ?

Not much apart from making the directors box secure. See my post on the previous page.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
New flood lights........wow.......Hundreds of the buggers east stand and under the north and south are shielded, I assume to stop glare on the tv, the on the west large round jobbies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here