Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

60th Birthday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Contrary to what we tend to assume in this country, paella is a regional dish local to the Valencia area, so isn't likely to be available in an Andalucian restaurant.

I join the list who assume Paella is available in all of Spain as I have bought it in any part when visiting any part of Spain.but thanks for the information.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not take a lot of notice of trip advisor as some people expect the earth and to pay nothing and others are contents to accept s..t. I prefer independant assessment from the likes of NSC or preferably people I know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
See above

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not ignoring it or you, I am not that ignorant, but as the decision doesnt rest with me and I am just going to tell my brother in law whose birthday it is what the general opinions are. Is it happens I mentioned their to my wife as there appears to be a shortage of Italian restaurants in Worthing but plenty of Oriental.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You seem to be quick to reply to someone who was joking, but you can't be bothered to reply to someone who went out of their way to try and help.

What did you expect when a poster who knows everything asks for advise?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You seem to be quick to reply to someone who was joking, but you can't be bothered to reply to someone who went out of their way to try and help.[/QUOT

Sorry I misread your post and thought that you were just saying look at trip advisor. I must admit to having not considered anywhere East of Lancing and should have done as I know that Beach Hut speaks well of an Italian in Shoreham.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
s there appears to be a shortage of Italian restaurants in Worthing but plenty of Oriental.

I'd say we have to many!

Some very good Italians in Worthing

Jul 7, 2003
Restaurante Andalucia in Ferring is very good

For a nice tapas restaurant, the Andalucia is usually the best in the Worthing area. However, the current menu online looks like a cut down version of the normal menu. They did this last August as well.

One place often overlooked is Picasso's in Ann Street, Worthing. It went downhill for a while and was seen as more of a party place. However, the the old manager has taken over and the food on our last two visits have been excellent. I believe that they also do paella but it might be worth calling to check.

There is a new Italian in Broadwater that has just opened called Giorgio's. I haven't tried it yet but the reviews seem to be good. Our favourite Italian restaurant is Tosca in Shoreham but that is a little too far East for you.

Jul 7, 2003
Forgot to add that instead of greek, we do have a very good Turkish restaurant - Efes - which is next door to where your old pub The Clifton was. Both Efes and it's sister restaurant in Brighton always get good reviews on TripAdvisor and you get good quality food at reasonable prices.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One place often overlooked is Picasso's in Ann Street, Worthing. It went downhill for a while and was seen as more of a party place. However, the the old manager has taken over and the food on our last two visits have been excellent. I believe that they also do paella but it might be worth calling to check.

Agreed. I've avoided Picassos for a long time as last experience about 8 years ago was very poor. Went a couple of weeks ago and was it very good. Authentic menu too. There is paella with usual rules, minimum 2 persons, 30 min cooking time etc.

Also the Spanish at West Worthing is very good. Husband front of house, wife in the kitchen. The wine list is great and IMO under-priced.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Forgot to add that instead of greek, we do have a very good Turkish restaurant - Efes - which is next door to where your old pub The Clifton was. Both Efes and it's sister restaurant in Brighton always get good reviews on TripAdvisor and you get good quality food at reasonable prices.

Efes has always been excellent when I've been there, their Adana kebab is pretty damn special IME

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here